McGugan - GONE

Guest We Shall Overcome
25 minutes ago, Dronfield Blue said:

Hurrah

I bet you never said that when he was our best player under Stuart Gray?,and you probably assume he was the "Mr Bad Guy"well you would be WRONG! the 'Mr Bad Guy is still here".

Just now, ZIMMY said:

I bet you never said that when he was our best player under Stuart Gray?,and you probably assume he was the "Mr Bad Guy"well you would be WRONG! the 'Mr Bad Guy is still here".

Never said he was a bad guy, I will say he wasn't  and never will be in the same street as FF. Assuming that's who you mean as the bad guy is still here?

6 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

Can someone enlighten me. If we pay up his contract, how does this save us money and free up wages? 

Probably agreed to pay a portion of it. Say we owed him £750k until end of his contract, may have paid him off like £350k on premise he may get a new club sooner

30 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Yes, it's not so long since Owls fans were "enjoying themselves" when he signed. Good player. Certainly better than Baz was last season. If your face doesn't fit...

seh6p.gif

:rolleyes:

Edited by Indoor Owl

7 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

Can someone enlighten me. If we pay up his contract, how does this save us money and free up wages? 

Probably come to an agreement with him getting a percentage of his remaining wages. If it's something like 50% and he's got a new club lined up to sign for he might not lose anything. 

1 minute ago, bradowl said:

Probably come to an agreement with him getting a percentage of his remaining wages. If it's something like 50% and he's got a new club lined up to sign for he might not lose anything. 

Ah, understood. Thanks mate

1 minute ago, pussface said:

A good player horrifically miss managed imo.

some players seem to be more equal than others...

A good player technically with a history of being a bit of a problem at two or three clubs. There might have been some mis-management for all we know but odds are that the player is largely to blame.