Daniel Pudil

Fair play to him. I admit I was one of the ones who feared the worst going into the difficult Sunderland and Fulham games. But he's proved us wrong just like Carlos has. Maybe in the future his performances in the centre back, might give us the potential option of reverting to a back 3 if needs be? 

20 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

I must confess that I was very fearful about Daniel playing CB today as Fulham have some very quick players. Full credit to him for a solid display by all accounts. Bit too early to say but just could be better there than at LB.

Certainly seems so - he's not getting any younger and the workrate required for our full backs is immense.

He was blowing with 30 minutes left quite a few times last season and age may have caught up with him.

Well done DP.

3 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

Hidden gem hopefully, well done Daniel. He has to be kept there doesn't he? At least until he has a bad game anyway, Fred might have to wait for his chance.

Sure we all agree, but what will cc do?

6 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

Hidden gem hopefully, well done Daniel. He has to be kept there doesn't he? At least until he has a bad game anyway, Fred might have to wait for his chance.

Really hope he's kept there having shown what he is capable of. Probably the most important area on the pitch to have a settled unit...

59 minutes ago, swfcjack27 said:

Excellent again. Deserves a huge amount of credit for his performances recently especially because he's playing out of position. Had taken quite a bit of stick but was quality against Sunderland and today he's really stepped up to the mark. Well done Danny, rate win that we're up and running. 

Played well again by all accounts again today 

Credit where credit is due 

Less likely to get skinned at cb.

LB is always a dodgy position as teams can often be more dominant down their right wing. So he's always going to be tested more than other positions. And a bad game shows up more.

Edited by Eightace

As much as we all feel our defence is our achilles heel, we are not shipping goals like some sides in the championship.

Although results have not gone as hoped before today we can be grateful that our make shift defence has only shipped 3goals.

Well done the lads.

1 minute ago, Vic Flange said:

As much as we all feel our defence is our achilles heel, we are not shipping goals like some sides in the championship.

Although results have not gone as hoped before today we can be grateful that our make shift defence has only shipped 3goals.

Well done the lads.

Probably because our midfield is our defence also, and that's why we've only scored 3.

Edited by Owling

I've always found him a reliable centre back 

just as a question ( genuinely )

as he actually played awful at centre back or is it more panic if he's there and we lose

I appreciate that lovens brings more communication and calmness but I've never seen him play bad there ( granted I don't go to every game )