Adam Reach

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

He really wasn't great. Terrible first half, Pudil was doing two jobs at times. Mich improved second half though. Better than he usually is though. Lets hope it continues.

This totally. Although I thought he vastly improved 2nd half. I think he started to actually believe he'd got the beating of that rightback. Credit where its due. 

Allowed to play his game in the second half. Going forward, getting into space and going at the full back on the outside. He's been killed tactically, being told to come back inside and not cross over the last 12 months. Hopefully the penny has dropped with cc on this. It's the player he was at Preston and he was absolutely brilliant in that second half. 

Edited by boxing_day

9 minutes ago, MuddyFunkster said:

I think the bst thing for Reach is for him to be told he's either going to be LB or LM. It can't be easy never really knowing what's expected from one week to the next. 

Invariably plays better at left back...no idea why, he has to so much more running, had a great game tonight....bloody slow starts are killing us though...Sunderland all over the place second half

Just now, asteener1867 said:

Invariably plays better at left back...no idea why, he has to so much more running, had a great game tonight....bloody slow starts are killing us though...Sunderland all over the place second half

Think it works better when there is not a winger on the left

Bannan on the left suits Reach

37 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

Ran a lot not sure about the quality tho

190% effort

Oh come on. That's what I've been saying for weeks but at least I'm willing to admit he had a terrific game today. Was given lots of space and really used it well. Great running, great crosses. That's more like it.

I suspect he's a better player when he doesn't have to think much - just sprint to the by-line and bang in a cross. Yep, can do that all night.