OFFICIAL Sheffield Wednesday V Sunderland Match Day Thread

Wrll it's a point and a better second half but CC can't get us playing for 90 mins - never really has.

It's a fact but we are going nowhere all the time He stays and we are just losing more ground.

changes nothing for me - we need fresh eyes, ideas and direction.

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Before we get back to the Fernando Forestieri show can we just confirm that was a cracking effort from the lads for 70 mins tonight ,  Westwood has had a mare for the goal and a poor game overall but that's just one of them ! Happens unfortunately 

Reach MOM 

Aye. It's still not quite clicking for some of our lot, and we need to pick up a win sooner rather than later, but great character to get back into it.

Agree with Reach MOM - might have picked Hooper if he'd buried a chance or two.

UTO!

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Before we get back to the Fernando Forestieri show can we just confirm that was a cracking effort from the lads for 70 mins tonight ,  Westwood has had a mare for the goal and a poor game overall but that's just one of them ! Happens unfortunately 

Reach MOM 

Think everyone switched off whilst Hunt was getting treatment. Even Hunt seemed in no rush to flag himself on and get back in the game and next thing you're one nil down. 

Wasnt sure if Sunderland played within themselves after that, but we were better team for majority. At times though over committing and Winall should have done better in first half. 

Second half saw plenty more chances and Rhodes header leaning away won't help his confidence or our goal talley. 

Thought Jones did well before his goal, nothing spectacular but we more than held our own in middle. With Abdi and Bannan advanced. Took the goal very well and wish a few more could finish as well. 

Reach and Hooper played fantastic. Hooper unlucky to hit bar after settling by it up well, Reach's best game for us. So much energy! Plenty of crosses and a few that deserved better from his forwards. 

Reach MOM for me, closely followed by Hooper. 

Honorable mention for Pudil - despite goal where everyone switched off he didn't appear a weak link and held his own.  

We'll play much worse and win! 

• Like 1

CC can't be blamed for us only picking up one point tonight.  Okay, first half we looked a little off the pace, but we didn't do anything intrinsically wrong.  Great second half, quality performances from Pudil, Bannan, Reach etc.  Good goal, team gelling in the midst of the FF saga.  Substitutions not an issue and the tactics and formation all okay.  We could have beat these and perhaps 5 games more with the performance shown tonight we would have.  Nothing to fear from Sunderland which is a good omen, certainly.

Onwards and upwards.

• Like 1

hooper was unlucky towards the end and sunderland know theyve stolen a point here.

timewasting is such a horrible thing that referees just accept. i really hope at some point we can actually see 90 minutes of football and not just goalkeeperes scratching their ar5es and throw in takers having a real good pick at their noses.

from what i saw from about 39th minute and most of the second half we played pretty well. some nice football but giving the ball away a little too easily.

ref missed a lot of fouls in the final third and sunderlands half.

i think if link up play improves a little more and we dont just bomb down the wing with too much cover to get a decent cross in well be a very good team   

A result I didn't see coming before the game. Feared the worst after our start and with Pudil in centre defence. First half seemed poor once again but we picked up second half. If only we could perform in both halves instead of second halves. An unexpected point in my opinion. Hopefully we can now take something into the Fulham game, sort our defence out and start picking up victories. It's not back to happy days but it's more positive than it was. Hopefully this result and second half performance can kickstart our season.