OFFICIAL - Frederico Venancio signs

He's clearly got something about him, young Captain of a mid table Portuguese premier team that other Championship teams have been interested in.

Hopefully he can adapt quicker and better than Melo / Matias / Joao as we need him to hit the ground running....

8 hours ago, marconi said:

Large

I only have a couple of reservations about Freddy; he looks a lot smaller than Tom here and apparently he's not Scottish and he can't speak Scottish, but apart from that the lad can play two games a week if required, can keep up with nippy attackers, can take the ball off all manner of attackers. plays good balls out to midfield and has a magical ability to prevent players going past him with the ball, so what's not to like?

Welcome Freddy V, lets hope you have as long happy career here and are as much loved by the fans as one of your compatriots was, because he was magic too.

Oh he's magic,

You knowowwww,

You'll Never get past Fredricooooo!

Good luck Freddy and welcome to The Wednesday X

24 minutes ago, s73owl said:

Why has the ref got 5ex face 

Large

That's not a sex face, the ref was humming the Portuguese national anthem, with the linesmen doing some hummy harmonising in a Latin Beachboy style. Loovens didn't know where to look, but our Freddy loves that kind of thing.

Interesting factoid: Apparently the Flying Pickets were no.1 in Portugal with their accapella version of "Only You" for 23 weeks! 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, ZIMMY said:

He has spent £millions on midfielders and forwards, yet peanuts on our defense, when all the best clubs build from the back, It will be a long wait for this Chairman to return the club to the top table, unless he grows a set of Balls quickly, and gets rid of Carvalhal, before another season is wasted, as this guy makes Glen Loovens look like Franco Baresi.

Is this the back 4 who have had one of the best defensive records in the Championship for the last 2 seasons?

willis.jpg

6 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

Central defenders have always been a need of mine
We're leaving defence in your hands
People say we're crazy and that you are shite
Risking it all in a glance
And who we signed you from is still a mystery
But we know you scored goals with your head
Don't care what is written in your history
As long as you're here with me

I don't care who you are
Where you're from
What you did
Frederico Venancio

Who you are
Where you're from
Don't care what you did
Frederico Venancio

Yeah, yeah, yeah

I expect this will be sung tonight, lads. Yeah?