Owls Launch Club 1867 Membership

29 minutes ago, kevtheowl said:

Do you realise you've been taking the pi** out of my son. You're in for a fu**ing kicking mate.  UTO 

Given the fact that I haven't seen you mention him, I've certainly never mentioned him, you need to lay off the

https://wdfyfe.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/stupid-dope2.jpg

I've not read through this thread but my two views for what they're worth...

I think it's good that the club are trying to explore new avenues of revenue generation and if fans buy into this idea then it certainly will help with regards to FFP.

If would love to be able to take up this initiative and buy in but £1500 outlay is just something I couldnt afford (if I could I'd have bought a 3yr season ticket) and I suspect the outlay will be a lot for many more owls fans, especially when the only return fans will see in this investment will be when/if we make it to the Premier League.

I hope this isn't the only initiative the club comes out with and others will follow that are a bit more affordable as I would like to support the chairman in his attempts to lead us back to the Premier League but this one is just a little out of my price range.

Edited by TrickyTrev

2 hours ago, BIG D said:

Absolutely no chance they will get anywhere near 20,000. I'd be amazed if a 1,000 signed up to it.

I agree with all the above apart from the bit about including 'snap' onto a matchdays spending. People always do this and it's not like you wouldn't be eating if you weren't at the game.

lol

I'd be having mi usual bread and dripping though instead of bobbar overpriced lager and anaemic sausage roll.

:tango:

1 hour ago, Geoffrey said:

After reading 14 pages of cringeworthy bowing and cap-doffing on the fans forum thread it is re-assuring that a couple of posters are intelligent enough to question the ridiculous 20,000 target.

Why do we all need to question it? I think it's ridiculously ambitious but I don't think it requires stating.

They're aiming for 20k, it's very ambitious, so sh it? 

What's to be achieved by everyone that thinks so posting their opinion? You're just using it as another stick to attack the club and Chansiri with, bore off

Edited by Ash76

3 hours ago, Geoffrey said:

After reading 14 pages of cringeworthy bowing and cap-doffing on the fans forum thread it is re-assuring that a couple of posters are intelligent enough to question the ridiculous 20,000 target.

It wasn't cringeworthy at all, had you bothered to show up you would have seen for yourself how genuine DC came across. I don't agree with all his plans but having listened to a fair few of our  chairmen speak to our fans over time I would be hard pressed to find any other who has been so up front in answering questions and so intent on being successful as opposed to just keeping our head above water or doing enough to make us attractive for sale.

I've always believed that we had a 3-year cycle to try and get promotion under this strategy before we hit financial constraints or a couple of seasons where we have to sell players on. The test will come for DC on how he handles that if we don't get up this season but I don't see how anyone can expect him to just keep bankrolling us under the constraints of the league.

As for the club 1867 scheme - it was far from back-slapping and approval last night. Most people's jaw dropped when it was clarified that 20,000 was the aim and one fan challenged anyone to stand up if they believed we would sell anywhere near that target - nobody did. But when all is said and done what has been lost by giving this a go? As the club said, if the target is nowhere near met then fair enough, they will have to pursue options B or C instead.

If there's going to be any take up of the offer, it will be late season, when we're looking likely to get promotion. Too late to make any impact on FFP this season in terms of enabling further player recruitment. 

Yorkshire folk are careful with their money. Any gamble would have to be at short odds. But I am assuming everyone is capable of reasoning this out for themselves?

It could be the most expensive little plaque ever for a few years if things go pear-shaped. Probably won't stay in position anyhow. People will nick the plaques.

43 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

It wasn't cringeworthy at all, had you bothered to show up you would have seen for yourself how genuine DC came across. I don't agree with all his plans but having listened to a fair few of our  chairmen speak to our fans over time I would be hard pressed to find any other who has been so up front in answering questions and so intent on being successful as opposed to just keeping our head above water or doing enough to make us attractive for sale.

I've always believed that we had a 3-year cycle to try and get promotion under this strategy before we hit financial constraints or a couple of seasons where we have to sell players on. The test will come for DC on how he handles that if we don't get up this season but I don't see how anyone can expect him to just keep bankrolling us under the constraints of the league.

As for the club 1867 scheme - it was far from back-slapping and approval last night. Most people's jaw dropped when it was clarified that 20,000 was the aim and one fan challenged anyone to stand up if they believed we would sell anywhere near that target - nobody did. But when all is said and done what has been lost by giving this a go? As the club said, if the target is nowhere near met then fair enough, they will have to pursue options B or C instead.

I was referring to the thread not the meeting. But a man is being nice to people who he is trying to borrow money off. There's a surprise.

1 minute ago, Geoffrey said:

I was referring to the thread not the meeting. But a man is being nice to people who he is trying to borrow money off. There's a surprise.

Plenty of previous men weren't nice at all to people they were taking money off in the name of our club and none of them invested nearly has much as he has. He isn't forcing anyone to buy.

6 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

Did anyone question the supposed £6m bid for Sean Morrison?

Nice change of subject! It was mentioned yes.

Off to get behind the team now, sure you will be doing the same.....