Owls Launch Club 1867 Membership

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

Or suck up to the owner at every opportunity

Maybe they just wanna support him and the club. You should give it a try sometime as opposed to sucking up to the 'ten bob millionaires' that have quite clearly had their noses put out of joint.

Supporting doesn't have to be investing financially in this club, I'm not but I'm not ripping it to bits either. You know little of it and trying to make peoples decisions for them. 

2 hours ago, waynecoyne14 said:

the commercial side of the club has been a shambles for a while. I hoped that joe palmer would  improve things but no evidence so far.

whoever is advising chansiri needs sacking. this is a barmy scheme which will attract little support.

No doubt you could throw your expertise to Joe Palmer..he could need it given the shitejob he did with Shaktar

13 hours ago, mkowl said:

It is a personal choice the only thing I would suggest is taking off the blue and white goggles before committing any funds. Would you put your money into this if it wasn't Sheffield Wednesday asking for it ?

I don't think Wednesday goggles have much to do with it, why would any Owls fan put money into this if it wasn't Sheffield Wednesday?...personally I haven't got that amount of spare cash that I could give to it, some people do though & for them it might seem alright....if I DID have the money I would think about doing it.

If the figure quoted is accurate - that Wednesday want 20k members of this club then surely they're heading for a fall.

How many people took up the 3 year season ticket? Nowhere near 20k I guess - and that figure will include concessions and is for a definite product. There's no concessionary rate for these memberships- I suppose there can't be given the date they mature and start paying out isn't determined.  

The numbers roughly equate but matching ST numbers to this is a nonsense. I bought 2 North Stand STs this year and families make up a fair number of the people round me. I doubt the bloke and lady who sit in front are going to shell out over £7k for their family of 4. 

It seems to me in this city at this time it's not going to generate anything like the funds Chansiri is wanting.  

If he can pull it off fair play but if he raises the 30 odd million quid he's talking about that's still only equivalent to about one year's worth of parachute payment. So it won't even begin to guarantee promotion- not that you ever could. 

I sink what I think is a considerable amount of cash into watching football. This year I spent nearly £1k on season tickets. Add in away matches, snap, booze, parking and petrol and you're talking over £1500 a year  - more than I spend on anything else bar my mortgage.

I reckon that's supporting the team pretty strongly and I can't justify lumping another £1800 - or £3600 - on top of that in any one year for what could end up being a gift to a Sheffield Wednesday that isn't being run as I want it to be in certain key respects. 

I'm reasonably well off as well. I wonder how realistic the club feel the 20k target is. 

Edited by rickygoo

4 hours ago, rickygoo said:

If the figure quoted is accurate - that Wednesday want 20k members of this club then surely they're heading for a fall.

How many people took up the 3 year season ticket? Nowhere near 20k I guess - and that figure will include concessions and is for a definite product. There's no concessionary rate for these memberships- I suppose there can't be given the date they mature and start paying out isn't determined.  

The numbers roughly equate but matching ST numbers to this is a nonsense. I bought 2 North Stand STs this year and families make up a fair number of the people round me. I doubt the bloke and lady who sit in front are going to shell out over £7k for their family of 4. 

It seems to me in this city at this time it's not going to generate anything like the funds Chansiri is wanting.  

If he can pull it off fair play but if he raises the 30 odd million quid he's talking about that's still only equivalent to about one year's worth of parachute payment. So it won't even begin to guarantee promotion- not that you ever could. 

I sink what I think is a considerable amount of cash into watching football. This year I spent nearly £1k on season tickets. Add in away matches, snap, booze, parking and petrol and you're talking over £1500 a year  - more than I spend on anything else bar my mortgage.

I reckon that's supporting the team pretty strongly and I can't justify lumping another £1800 - or £3600 - on top of that in any one year for what could end up being a gift to a Sheffield Wednesday that isn't being run as I want it to be in certain key respects. 

I'm reasonably well off as well. I wonder how realistic the club feel the 20k target is. 

Absolutely no chance they will get anywhere near 20,000. I'd be amazed if a 1,000 signed up to it.

I agree with all the above apart from the bit about including 'snap' onto a matchdays spending. People always do this and it's not like you wouldn't be eating if you weren't at the game.

lol

I do wonder if this is another vehicle for DC to invest more money into the club. Expectations of 20,000 sales are ridiculous, from 'normal' fans anyway...

With the lack of any clear value to anyone who signs up to this, I suspect it isn't supposed to really attract too many people.

I think more likely that 1-2k might sign up who can afford it and want to help the club as much as they can, but this would only inject a few million, which in the grand scheme of things, wouldn't make a significant difference to the revenues. However, it doesn't appear that there would be anything to stop DC buying a few thousand himself...

Would help circumnavigate the FFP limitations. Just a thought.

Guest Deleted member

Considering the club dont want anybody who can't afford one to buy one, but are aiming to sell 20k... 

I think they've got a very strange idea of just how much disposable income 80% of our fans have access to