CLUB STATEMENT

How many boxes do we have? 20?

Hes put about £14k on the price I think- sell them all at the new price and we net an extra £280k per year.

Leta say we make an extra £15 per shirt now we're making them 'in house'. If we sell 5000 shirts that's an extra £75k

So there's 2 big bones of contention there, that have managed to pisss a lot of people off for the sake of £355k a year, or to put it another way, Fletcher's wagers between now and Christmas.

Worth it?

Edited by RUMBELOWS91

4 minutes ago, Arthur Bach said:

Barely any of them are brilliant.

McGeady, Urby and Buckely don't even play for the club anymore!

Plus the lack of a loan window means you now need a squad of players who may or may not play, and obviously they have to be decent. 

I get all of that and would have some sympathy with the sentiment yet we are wasting tens of thousands of pounds each week of the year on a bloated squad of player's that don't even get anywhere near warming the bench let alone play in the first team. I would suggest better management of that side of the business would do much more than charging extortionate prices for some tickets and corporate boxes. Just a thought. 

4 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

How many boxes do we have? 20?

Hes put about £14k on the price I think- sell them all at the new price and we net an extra £280k per year.

Leta say we make an extra £15 per shirt now we're making them 'in house'. If we sell 5000 shirts that's an extra £75k

So there's 2 big bones of contention there, that have managed to pisss a lot of people off for the sake of £355k a year, or to put it another way, Fletcher's wagers between now and Christmas.

Worth it?

Shhhhh

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, wilfsmith said:

I wonder how many other owners would be so open and frank with the supporters. Not many I bet. When you compare this openness with many of the previous SWFC owners, it does bode well for the future of the club.

How many other Chairman have hiked the price of almost everything to do with their respective clubs?

2 minutes ago, Vic Flange said:

I get all of that and would have some sympathy with the sentiment yet we are wasting tens of thousands of pounds each week of the year on a bloated squad of player's that don't even get anywhere near warming the bench let alone play in the first team. I would suggest better management of that side of the business would do much more than charging extortionate prices for some tickets and corporate boxes. Just a thought. 

100%

If we stopped spunking cash on players who don't play, it would allow a little more wriggle room re FFP.

I don't doubt the chairman's sincerity, that all funds get reinvested back into the club; but that doesn't mean that this money has necessarily been invested wisely.

• Thanks 1

Yes, we've never had an owner like this before, and we need to support him in any way we can It's all new to him, and he will make mistakes. Commercially we are a bit all over the place though, something which will have to change if we want to adhere to FFP regulations It's equally important that we don't waste money, and feel really strongly that DC has been badly advised as far as recruitment is concerned 

I'd like to know what our plans are for generating revenue both football and non football streams. I missed the Preston game as I was visiting friends in Norwich

We could learn a lot, commercially from how Norwich do things They have a massive presence in the city Yes they are a one club city, but the club is involved in everything They were away at Fulham on Saturday, but had hundreds of people all around the city handing out stuff They even sponsored the big charity run on the Sunday Talking to a few mates who watch them, they said it's always like that, and in outlying towns as well We seem to be a little bit too low key

Edited by gurujuan

So can someone answer me this one 

the chairman says that the price of hospitality was way too low before and not making a profit! 

Thats fair comment BUT when a directors box seat with no food included jumps from 2,200 to 3,700 per year plus vat and not then includes 

cup games or play offs bearing in mind that drinks are bought in the ground too how can they be loosing money !!! 

And now not many takers for this area . 

or am I missing something !!! 

And he says that he is looking after true supporters that have sponsored players and kits over the years in bad times too .

18 minutes ago, Left-footed Filth said:

Excellent stuff. Saying all the things you'd like the chairman to say.

Now DC you've put the cash in do the right thing and sack the clown who's 'coaching' the team and get someone in who is worthy of all your commitment 

It's the coach thing that hasn't worked.

He'd have been far better off trusting a manager to spend his money. 

Edited by Bodhidharma

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Yes, we've never had an owner like this before, and we need to support him in any way we can It's all new to him, and he will make mistakes. Commercially we are a bit all over the place though, something which will have to change if we want to adhere to FFP regulations It's equally important that we don't waste money, and feel really strongly that DC has been badly advised as far as recruitment is concerned 

I'd like to know what our plans are for generating revenue both football and non football streams. I missed the Preston game as I was busing friends in Norwich

We could learn a lot, commercially from how Norwich do things They have a massive presence in the city Yes they are a one club city, but the club is involved in everything They were away at Fulham on Saturday, but had hundreds of people all around the city handing out stuff They even sponsored the big charity run on the Sunday Talking to a few mates who watch them, they said it's always like that, and in outlying towns as well We seem to be a little bit too low key

Dont think DC has been well advised on or off the pitch, he came to us not knowing the English game, his money has been spent in abundance by ill advisers now we are paying the price, feel for him cause his heart is in the club unlike many who have only their own gains in mind and should be cleared out.