CLUB STATEMENT

1 minute ago, vulva said:

Players, managers and owners got far less stick on here when we were drawing 2-2 against 9 man Yeovil.

The reaction to Saturday has been ridiculous. Win on Saturday and Wednesday next week, and we will be in the top 6. 

I just hope the stick makes Carlos change his approach a bit.  Lose the fans and he's in bother.  We don't need an Ardiles at Tottenham approach but the odd shot wouldn't go amiss.

He can do it - he did it in his first season - and deserves the chance to take us forward in a creative way. A mix of season 1 and season 2 would work for me. It'll lighten the load of watching Ipswich clones.

Preston is just 3 points lost, loads of clubs lose the first game and win promotion, but the abject surrender was worrying, hence the reaction. 

5 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

That second paragraph is worrying Two words spring to mind Blackburn Rovers 

Now there's a "ill advised bunch"

When they "bought" the club off the Walker family they thought it was similar to an NFL Franchise with no relegation ...don't think D.C has those same advisors (we hope)

That noise you can hear when you go to Ewood  is "uncle Jack" he's still spinning ....

No comparison to Blackburn Rovers at the moment. DC is in Sheffield a lot of the time and has a very hands on approach, some would say too hands on but I don't know enough to comment on all of that. Blackburn's owners rarely seem to set foot in England and I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't know how to find their way to Ewood Park.

6 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I don't see why we have to be the worst example of something we purported to loathe when Leeds did it. 

We don't have to be as long as you are happy being a championship club. 

Also there is a big difference since Leeds's owners weren't putting everything into the club.

Just now, NorthernOwl said:

We don't have to be as long as you are happy being a championship club. 

Also there is a big difference since Leeds's owners weren't putting everything into the club.

Ok we have to be worse than any other team. And as we are we'll see whether it's worth it. 

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

No comparison to Blackburn Rovers at the moment. DC is in Sheffield a lot of the time and has a very hands on approach, some would say too hands on but I don't know enough to comment on all of that. Blackburn's owners rarely seem to set foot in England and I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't know how to find their way to Ewood Park.

Wasn't being too serious there just hoping his advisors aren't same bunch .

(At the moment ) hope not ...

Mind you he has bankrolled some poor signings who's to blame for that ?

Venkys don't come to Blackburn they summon staff out to India for meetings apparently? 

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST

8 minutes ago, vulva said:

Players, managers and owners got far less stick on here when we were drawing 2-2 against 9 man Yeovil.

The reaction to Saturday has been ridiculous. Win on Saturday and Wednesday next week, and we will be in the top 6. 

The reaction to drawing 2-2 at home to 9-man Yeovil was one of abject resignation at the mess the club was in from top to bottom and the realisation that the manager and players weren't capable of much better.

The reaction to Saturday was the frustration that we have got a really good attacking squad and a manager that played successful attacking football in his first season but our start to this campaign was an extension of the negative displays of the last campaign.

The reaction would have been less scathing had Preston come out of the blocks all guns blazing and surprised us with a brilliant team performance - they didn't have to. 

1 hour ago, debram said:

Dont think DC has been well advised on or off the pitch, he came to us not knowing the English game, his money has been spent in abundance by ill advisers now we are paying the price, feel for him cause his heart is in the club unlike many who have only their own gains in mind and should be cleared out.

When DC and CC both came I would have been happy to get to The Premiership in three seasons to come so close in both seasons I think is some achievement.

Sounds like not only have the fans turned on CC but that DC is next for the pitchfork brigade. 

Sad times

Edited by Holmes

1 minute ago, Holmes said:

When DC and CC both came I would have been happy to get to The Premiership in three seasons to come so close in both seasons I think is some achievement.

Sounds like not only have the fans turned on CC but that DC is next for the pitchfork brigade. 

Sad times

I think he's safe. 

Perhaps there should be a moratorium on all discussion on CC and DC, and perhaps also on FF, until 10p.m. on 16th August. By this time the picture should be much clearer as to whether CC has 'lost' the dressing room, learned from his mistakes, etc. Arguments would not then be hypothetical, but based on reasonable empirical evidence.

It's really simple - sell a player, or rather, don't spend 10 million quid on one we didn't need - better still, dont pay thousands of pounds a week on players who don't even get a sniff.

It just doesn't wash with me - we've been so frivolous with our spending, I'm staggered so many lap it up.

2 minutes ago, Holmes said:

When DC and CC both came I would have been happy to get to The Premiership in three seasons to come so close in both season I think is some achievement.

Sad times

Couldn't agree more !

Some of the comments on here are almost unbelievable !

Some people should calm down and get a grip......

Just now, Holmes said:

No your desire and need for stripes will win the day.  

Stripes cost nothing! It's an easy fix. Ticket prices are simple. He has the categories to hand and lots of templates to follow at other clubs.

Then he'll have me totally on board and my on-pitch patience will become all the more valuable and noticed. 

lol

2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Stripes cost nothing! It's an easy fix. Ticket prices are simple. He has the categories to hand and lots of templates to follow at other clubs.

Then he'll have me totally on board and my on-pitch patience will become all the more valuable and noticed. 

lol

There are no templates all clubs have to find their own way