CLUB STATEMENT

Guest Ash76
13 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

How many boxes do we have? 20?

Hes put about £14k on the price I think- sell them all at the new price and we net an extra £280k per year.

Leta say we make an extra £15 per shirt now we're making them 'in house'. If we sell 5000 shirts that's an extra £75k

So there's 2 big bones of contention there, that have managed to pisss a lot of people off for the sake of £355k a year, or to put it another way, Fletcher's wagers between now and Christmas.

Worth it?

Fletcher's definitely worth it as will be proven when Rhodes gets dropped 

1 minute ago, debram said:

Dont think DC has been well advised on or off the pitch, he came to us not knowing the English game, his money has been spent in abundance by ill advisers now we are paying the price, feel for him cause his heart is in the club unlike many who have only their own gains in mind and should be cleared out.

Totally my thoughts mate

1 minute ago, debram said:

Dont think DC has been well advised on or off the pitch, he came to us not knowing the English game, his money has been spent in abundance by ill advisers now we are paying the price, feel for him cause his heart is in the club unlike many who have only their own gains in mind and should be cleared out.

I used to think that (about being badly advised) but then he got rid of all the advisors, but hasn't he got rid of them all now?

1 minute ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

When we've won the league, the cup and are regularly in the Champions League, have the facilities they have, and we're signing Aguero then I'll swallow the price rises! 

Sorry Rumbelows must have misread your post there I thought you wanted a club named who were keeping prices down and still keeping it "real" know a lot of city fans through work and they are well happy with where they are and what they pay for merchandise and games etc my error sorry..

31 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

So the chairman is basically saying he would happily fund the whole lot but FFP doesn't allow

fair one 

Which puts to bed the theory of a few on here that he has run out of money. 

Just now, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I used to think that (about being badly advised) but then he got rid of all the advisors, but hasn't he got rid of them all now?

So is he responsible for recruiting all our Scotland B Listers?

• Thanks 1

Guest We Shall Overcome

I have to admit we have the best Owners in our history, nobody can ever question that, the only thing i would disagree with was the "Quality of the coaching" until he addresses, that we will be stuck in the EFL.

Just now, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Sorry Rumbelows must have misread your post there I thought you wanted a club named who were keeping prices down and still keeping it "real" know a lot of city fans through work and they are well happy with where they are and what they pay for merchandise and games etc my error sorry..

No problem. People will willingly pay for quality.

I think we've seen that ourselves since we improved the side- but there's a limit to what you can charge in the Championship- particularly when it comes to corporate. You can't just hike the prices on the premise that we're trying to our hardest to get to the Premier League. 

1 minute ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Not sure whats going off behind the scenes but something is wrong, the manager should breed confidence, positivity and use an iron fist at times then people around him might take notice, not sure that CC is a strong enough character, wish we could succeed under him but i am at my lowest expectations following pre season and Saturday.

2 minutes ago, debram said:

There are plenty of examples of chairmen that have thrown huge sums at the club and its not necessarily paid off, especially in the premiership. I think that despite not achieving promotion in 2 years we have done fairly well despite missing two good opportunities. We at least did create those opportunities and only in part due to the money spent. What Huddersfield achieved is enough momentum to get them over the line similar to us in year 1, hopefully the patience of the fans and consequently the chairman won't hinder any progress we have made.

I'm not saying Carlos is untouchable, he should be given at least some time to show improvement this year

I genuinely think that he would do it all himself as the rewards in the premiership would be worth it for him. 

As someone has said though he's a savvy businessman but not yet quite a savvy football business man. 

The errors that have been made unfortunately need rectifying. But it's not a case of doing them overnight. 

I fully believe that he will get us there. I put what I can into the football club and nothing more by whatever means I can. Whether that's a few games a season or every game for the duration of the season. 

According to that that's all he wants. 

Just now, debram said:

Not sure whats going off behind the scenes but something is wrong, the manager should breed confidence, positivity and use an iron fist at times then people around him might take notice, not sure that CC is a strong enough character, wish we could succeed under him but i am at my lowest expectations following pre season and Saturday.

I think we've gone stale. 

Same players, same

manager, same tactics.

If CC is to remain in a job he needs to freshen/shake

things up a bit- if he's capable.

1 minute ago, sagoth66 said:

There are plenty of examples of chairmen that have thrown huge sums at the club and its not necessarily paid off, especially in the premiership. I think that despite not achieving promotion in 2 years we have done fairly well despite missing two good opportunities. We at least did create those opportunities and only in part due to the money spent. What Huddersfield achieved is enough momentum to get them over the line similar to us in year 1, hopefully the patience of the fans and consequently the chairman won't hinder any progress we have made.

I'm not saying Carlos is untouchable, he should be given at least some time to show improvement this year

So he should but pre season and Saturday are not giving me good vibes, however its early days so fingers crossed we will come out of our shell soon.

2 minutes ago, sagoth66 said:

That's a reasonable post, but Saturday was just so, so bad that if it's repeated on Saturday and Wednesday next week then I'm not sure Carlos will be able to stand the heat.