CLUB STATEMENT

Just now, GY-owl.4 said:

For somebody that knows his footy this is a pretty childish thing to say.

the difference was a missed penalty, nothing else. a missed penalty from a player (FF) bought for us by our chairman that last season huddersfield couldnt afford.

They did it with loans and fair play to them the gamble paid off and now they have bought some of them loans. but when the difference is so fine dont use this as a stick to beat the chairman with. Had Udders not gone up they would have no one of any value, the loan money would have been wasted. 

Our Chairman goes down the 'buying' route, meaning we have assets and im glad he did it that way, regardless of whether the fine lines in the play-offs went against us.  

It isn't childish - it's a recognition that there's more than one way to skin a cat.

The Huddersfield chairman - who is and was a genuine long term fan - chose one way. Wednesday's chairman - a new fan - chose another. In fact another extreme based on what every other Championship club did last season. I happen not to like it. So shoot me. 

11 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

So do we.

If it weren't for a Mo Diamé wonderstrike, we could well have achieved exactly what they did.

It's fine margins.

That wasn't a close game. Even if it was 1-0

5 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Not about me - I'm a happy chappy. What's a neg but a click on a little red icon by a random stranger?  Don't take it personally 

lol

I'm not, I'm as happy as Sid there. Glad I brought joy to your little red button pressing fingers! 

Lifes to short to look for misery. Look for the positives I say. Maybe one day I'll read something positive into your posts. Probably not on a kit/ticket/box/chairman related thread mind. 

Just now, Philb125 said:

I'm not, I'm as happy as Sid there. Glad I brought joy to your little red button pressing fingers! 

Lifes to short to look for misery. Look for the positives I say. Maybe one day I'll read something positive into your posts. Probably not on a kit/ticket/box/chairman related thread mind. 

Highly unlikely because he has chosen a way I don't like and there is fuckall I can do about it. 

But I'm optimistic about an on field upturn and haven't called for Carlos to be sacked. 

You have no no idea how big my fingers are- and what's it to you anyway? 

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

The fact that we lost to a very good Hull side in the final doesn't make Carlos any less of a 'decent' manager though, does it?

Not that fact particularly, no.

It's what the team has become that makes him less than a decent manager.

5 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I'm not sure Rickygoo's posts on Owlstalk are a barometer of how happy he is in life tbh, might be wrong though! 

1 minute ago, Bodhidharma said:

Not that fact particularly, no.

It's what the team has become that makes him less than a decent manager.

It was a terrible start, especially after the playoff loss, but I'll wait and see how this season turns out.

Fourth place last season was nothing to be sniffed at.

4 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Highly unlikely because he has chosen a way I don't like and there is fuckall I can do about it. 

But I'm optimistic about an on field upturn and haven't called for Carlos to be sacked. 

You have no no idea how big my fingers are- and what's it to you anyway? 

It's the button that's little not your fingers.... but a paranoid person may think otherwise :) 

I share your optimism for the upturn, it can't be a downturn so the only way is up! 

2 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I'm not sure Rickygoo's posts on Owlstalk are a barometer of how happy he is in life tbh, might be wrong though! 

I have a happy fulfilling life.

lol

Football is a useful counterbalance. A reminder that things can always turn toshite! 

• Haha 1

Just now, Philb125 said:

It's the button that's little not your fingers.... but a paranoid person may think otherwise :) 

I share your optimism for the upturn, it can't be a downturn so the only way is up! 

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean @Philb125 isn't out to get me. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bodhidharma said:

Chansiri is clearly a very savvy business man. 

However I don't think he is a savvy football man. He has been inefficient with his spending and badly advised in my opinion. 

I don't know who devised the transfer policy but it's been misguided. Maybe not the individual deals and how they were conducted,  but the types of players and their suitability to the team.

The squad is now bloated and we have many brilliant players who have never even had a look in and others who are on the perifery.

McGugan 

McGeady 

McMannaman 

Buckley

Abdi

Urby

Winnal

Fox

Matias

Joao 

Rhodes 

Over 20 million worth of talent. Wasted. 

Strange policy for a shrewd business man? Unless of course he's the runt of the tuna litter and SWFC is just a folly for his eccentric whim?

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It was a terrible start, especially after the playoff loss, but I'll wait and see how this season turns out.

Fourth place last season was nothing to be sniffed at.

Far far better than many had predicted and after first ten games or so last season (slightly smaller meltdown) many were predicting not making top 6 or even top 10 - some even mentioned the relegation dog fight. Then after the play offs 4th is a let down.