CLUB STATEMENT

DC statement to quell the palpable pressure that is building.

Elements of the support has registered itheir dissatisfaction at the meeting.

Elements of the support have registered their dissatisfaction after the game on Saturday.

CC is the common denominator in all this and has it in his hands to Quell the unrest by preparing a team and its approach out of the quality players we have at this club.

He could, IMO change the whole atmosphere back to the one of overwhelming positivity that he achieved in 2015-2016 by going back to his own principles.  Those that got us further than last year and those that players and fans enjoyed immensely.

He needs to do that before the end of August IMO for a variety of reasons.

4 minutes ago, fatzooma said:

Strange policy for a shrewd business man? Unless of course he's the runt of the tuna litter and SWFC is just a folly for his eccentric whim?

Some litter. The female can release a large amount of eggs, sometimes releasing 2.6 million eggs per spawning. What a runt.

lol

Edited by rickygoo

19 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

It isn't childish - it's a recognition that there's more than one way to skin a cat.

The Huddersfield chairman - who is and was a genuine long term fan - chose one way. Wednesday's chairman - a new fan - chose another. In fact another extreme based on what every other Championship club did last season. I happen not to like it. So shoot me. 

Stop talking wet. 

As it stands we start this season with a really good squad that we own, big enough to sell some for good profit to reshape the squad.

but had we done it your preferred way we would have to do a complete rebuild, with next to no assets to start with.

and you want us to believe that had this happened you would be praising our chairman! i smell bull.

22 minutes ago, debram said:

Not sure whats going off behind the scenes but something is wrong, the manager should breed confidence, positivity and use an iron fist at times then people around him might take notice, not sure that CC is a strong enough character, wish we could succeed under him but i am at my lowest expectations following pre season and Saturday.

Well I'm getting close to a thousand miles covered and a couple of hundred quid in tickets for me and the sprogs to see the Owls already and my expectations are somewhat bewildered 

But hey ho could be worse ?

7 minutes ago, fatzooma said:

Strange policy for a shrewd business man? Unless of course he's the runt of the tuna litter and SWFC is just a folly for his eccentric whim?

He didn't know football.

Got a lot of advisors.

Probably the wrong ones. 

Football isn't his cultural heritage.

1 hour ago, Bodhidharma said:

Chansiri is clearly a very savvy business man. 

However I don't think he is a savvy football man. He has been inefficient with his spending and badly advised in my opinion. 

Pretty much nails it. 

Just now, GY-owl.4 said:

Stop talking wet. 

As it stands we start this season with a really good squad that we own, big enough to sell some for good profit to reshape the squad.

but had we done it your preferred way we would have to do a complete rebuild, with next to no assets to start with.

and you want us to believe that had this happened you would be praising our chairman! i smell bull.

If we'd done it exactly like the Huddersfield way we would be in the Premier League.

lol

Let's see how easy we find it to move players on.

Maybe there's a happy medium. We are an extreme when it comes to pricing and we have an owner who has scrapped the shirts I happened to identify with strongly. I don't like it. Sorry but that's not bull. 

I appreciate he's spent a helluva lot of his own money already. I don't doubt he means he would fund the lot if he could. But the way to beat FFP isn't to spunk money around like there's and endless supply, then when it runs out ask the fans to pay. It's to be efficient and make every penny spent count. The amount we're spending on wages alone for players nowhere near the team makes the prices for everything he's talking about completely insignificant. Sort out the transfer policy then come back and ask me to pay high prices and I might buy into it.

4 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Far far better than many had predicted and after first ten games or so last season (slightly smaller meltdown) many were predicting not making top 6 or even top 10 - some even mentioned the relegation dog fight. Then after the play offs 4th is a let down. 

Yeah, very few seriously tipped us for anything more than another playoff push at the start of last season, but having achieved that, you'd think we'd been in a relegation battle to hear some on here tell it.

6 minutes ago, nebneeb said:

I appreciate he's spent a helluva lot of his own money already. I don't doubt he means he would fund the lot if he could. But the way to beat FFP isn't to spunk money around like there's and endless supply, then when it runs out ask the fans to pay. It's to be efficient and make every penny spent count. The amount we're spending on wages alone for players nowhere near the team makes the prices for everything he's talking about completely insignificant. Sort out the transfer policy then come back and ask me to pay high prices and I might buy into it.

I get what you're saying but I don't think he's spunking that wedge on purpose, just for a laugh.

True test for me is does DC learn from his mistakes? And that test is here right now.

Edited by owls101

29 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

It isn't childish - it's a recognition that there's more than one way to skin a cat.

The Huddersfield chairman - who is and was a genuine long term fan - chose one way. Wednesday's chairman - a new fan - chose another. In fact another extreme based on what every other Championship club did last season. I happen not to like it. So shoot me. 

Huddersfield went bargain basement because they had no other choice. No doubt there was skill in their recruitment but also a large dose of luck. 99 times out of 100 that approach doesn't work. Are you suggesting we stop spending money and cross our fingers that we can so it with loans and frees? I don't remember ever threatening that top 6 under Mandaric when that was basically what our approach was.

means well, albeit in an autocratic way.

Badly advised and completely out of touch with the realities of life in a northern working class city with 2 clubs. 

Not sure what the point of the statement is.

FFP exists and we have to work with it.

perhaps if we stopped pi$$ing away vast amounts of his, and our, money on a bloated squad and random buys then it might be less of an issue. 

1 hour ago, Bodhidharma said:

Chansiri is clearly a very savvy business man. 

However I don't think he is a savvy football man. He has been inefficient with his spending and badly advised in my opinion. 

I don't know who devised the transfer policy but it's been misguided. Maybe not the individual deals and how they were conducted,  but the types of players and their suitability to the team.

The squad is now bloated and we have many brilliant players who have never even had a look in and others who are on the perifery.

McGugan 

McGeady 

McMannaman 

Buckley

Abdi

Urby

Winnal

Fox

Matias

Joao 

Rhodes 

Over 20 million worth of talent. Wasted. 

That second paragraph is worrying Two words spring to mind Blackburn Rovers 

Now there's a "ill advised bunch"

When they "bought" the club off the Walker family they thought it was similar to an NFL Franchise with no relegation ...don't think D.C has those same advisors (we hope)

That noise you can hear when you go to Ewood  is "uncle Jack" he's still spinning ....

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST

Players, managers and owners got far less stick on here when we were drawing 2-2 against 9 man Yeovil.

The reaction to Saturday has been ridiculous. Win on Saturday and Wednesday next week, and we will be in the top 6. 

1 minute ago, NorthernOwl said:

Huddersfield went bargain basement because they had no other choice. No doubt there was skill in their recruitment but also a large dose of luck. 99 times out of 100 that approach doesn't work. Are you suggesting we stop spending money and cross our fingers that we can so it with loans and frees? I don't remember ever threatening that top 6 under Mandaric when that was basically what our approach was.

I don't see why we have to be the worst example of something we purported to loathe when Leeds did it. 

19 minutes ago, Flat Owl said:

DC statement to quell the palpable pressure that is building.

Elements of the support has registered itheir dissatisfaction at the meeting.

Elements of the support have registered their dissatisfaction after the game on Saturday.

CC is the common denominator in all this and has it in his hands to Quell the unrest by preparing a team and its approach out of the quality players we have at this club.

He could, IMO change the whole atmosphere back to the one of overwhelming positivity that he achieved in 2015-2016 by going back to his own principles.  Those that got us further than last year and those that players and fans enjoyed immensely.

He needs to do that before the end of August IMO for a variety of reasons.

Absolutely, some of the off-field issues are trivial to some, more important to others but they are being compounded by the fact the tactics are getting nowhere near the best out of our best squad for many a year. Some positive results and performances on the pitch will change the mood for the better. 

Think its a real shame that some people who have followed Wednesday for years can no longer afford to go.

If it means that by pricing these supporters out to give us a better chance of getting to the Premier League then sorry to me its not a price worth paying. Others will disagree which is fair enough.

Also as countless others have pointed out that Huddersfield proved by good management charging £40+ doesnt always work.

1 minute ago, owls101 said:

I get what you're saying but I don't think he's spunking that wedge on purpose, just for a laugh.

True test for me comes if DC see learns from his mistakes and that test is here right now.

I don't think he's doing it for a laugh either. I think it's obvious he rolled the dice getting Rhodes in thinking we'd go up last season. Now we can't afford any recruits, and we're being drained with excess wages. Genuinely not sure where we go from here. It doesn't matter if we sell all the boxes and get 33k every game, it won't fund allowing this careless policy to carry on.