CLUB STATEMENT

On 08/08/2017 at 13:46, PEARSON said:

This. The real un-sustainable situation is our transfer policy. Nobody can deny we've wasted millions. We've made bizarre signings like Urby, have big earners in our reserves in McGugan (who we seemingly refuse to sell) and a big squad with big wages. Chansiris done wonders for SWFC but I think that mainly comes from chucking money at our first team. I don't think he's a particularly savvy or talented chairman. I can't remember us selling a player for anything under him and we're now as fans expected to pay the highest prices in the league. That's not sustainable. A bad season and I worry Chansiri wouldnt know how to turn it around if his hands are tied in terms of financial muscle.

Have to say. I hit the nail on the head didn’t I?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Some of the comments straight after the club statement are massively different to what is said about DC now. 

Wonder if we could, somehow, not go down this year, and get a decent play off push season in the next couple of years, if some comments would revert back to the praise DC was getting back then. 

1 minute ago, Sambo89 said:

Some of the comments straight after the club statement are massively different to what is said about DC now. 

Wonder if we could, somehow, not go down this year, and get a decent play off push season in the next couple of years, if some comments would revert back to the praise DC was getting back then. 

Yes, I reckon if we avoid relegation thanks to the points deduction the chairman incurred, pay our players on time, avoid any further P&S punishments, and somehow build a squad capable of challenging for the playoffs next season, the comments regarding his running of our club might be more positive.

🙄

• Haha 1

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Yes, I reckon if we avoid relegation thanks to the points deduction the chairman incurred, pay our players on time, avoid any further P&S punishments, and somehow build a squad capable of challenging for the playoffs next season, the comments regarding his running of our club might be more positive.

🙄

Exactly.

We are deep into "untenable" territory.......

• Like 2