CLUB STATEMENT

26 minutes ago, SiJ said:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hey look rickygoo doesn't like the chairman blah blah blah flipping blah. 

Not a question of liking him or disliking him. I've never met him. He's probably a nice enough chap although I suspect we aren't kindred spirits. I don't dislike you either.

There's more than one way to run a football club. He's chosen one way. I just happen to dislike some of the things he does compared to how I think football should be and how some other clubs operate. Is that such a terrible thing? 

This is a forum to discuss all things Wednesday. A statement is posted. People post to praise it. Is that all that's allowed?  Sorry for having an opinion. 

36 minutes ago, Bodhidharma said:

Chansiri is clearly a very savvy business man. 

However I don't think he is a savvy football man. He has been inefficient with his spending and badly advised in my opinion. 

I don't know who devised the transfer policy but it's been misguided. Maybe not the individual deals and how they were conducted,  but the types of players and their suitability to the team.

The squad is now bloated and we have many brilliant players who have never even had a look in and others who are on the perifery.

McGugan 

McGeady 

McMannaman 

Buckley

Abdi

Urby

Winnal

Fox

Matias

Joao 

Rhodes 

Over 20 million worth of talent. Wasted. 

Yes it's shocking when you analyse it and cost it all up vs games played.

Going to be a real task for the next man to sort out, but there is still enough in there to chisel out a good team.

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

Just now, RUMBELOWS91 said:

That's a reasonable post, but Saturday was just so, so bad that if it's repeated on Saturday and Wednesday next week then I'm not sure Carlos will be able to stand the heat.

I don't like the pressure at the moment and it will probably come to a head this year

with the blunts in the same division and huge expectations of automatic it could turn out to be quite a busy one for staffing

1 minute ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

That's a reasonable post, but Saturday was just so, so bad that if it's repeated on Saturday and Wednesday next week then I'm not sure Carlos will be able to stand the heat.

dont think i will either

7 minutes ago, ZIMMY said:

I have to admit we have the best Owners in our history, nobody can ever question that, the only thing i would disagree with was the "Quality of the coaching" until he addresses, that we will be stuck in the EFL.

Best, or wealthiest? 

Or is that one in the same?

33 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Hey look SiJ doesn't like me blah blah.

It's a statement by the chairman that some people are praising on a football forum.  Am I not allowed a dissenting view? 

I don't dislike you...you do go on a bit though. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Not a question of liking him or disliking him. I've never met him. He's probably a nice enough chap although I suspect we aren't kindred spirits. I don't dislike you either.

There's more than one way to run a football club. He's chosen one way. I just happen to dislike some of the things he does compared to how I think football should be and how some other clubs operate. Is that such a terrible thing? 

This is a forum to discuss all things Wednesday. A statement is posted. People post to praise it. Is that all that's allowed?  Sorry for having an opinion. 

Absolutely. 

7 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Probably not- my point Is more the corporate/retail/tickets prices side of things that the statement is trying to defend.

Presumably that is what the guy who was working in Ukraine is responsible for From what I can make out, he had a good track record there, with some innovative ideas Be nice for the club to publish their blueprint for taking the club forward

Guest Ash76
6 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

In fairness Huddersfield had a decent manager.

We'll see how good he is this year. I'd suggest the difference between Wagner and Carlos though is that the former has more of an influence over recruitment

I love the fact he's come out and tried to explain, again after a 5 hour meeting where he tried to explain. Just like the chairman says, if you or your company can't afford a product then don't buy it. Simple really. 

Glad to see some positive comments too. Been far too much gloom on here of late. Hoping a win or 7 will turn that around (for some at least). 

Edit: can't afford the products don't buy them @rickygoo but Negs are free so neg away. Hope that makes you feel better. You could do with some positivity in your life, glad I could be of assistance. 

Edited by Philb125

5 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I love the fact he's come out and tried to explain, again after a 5 hour meeting where he tried to explain. Just like the chairman says, if you or your company can't afford a product then don't buy it. Simple really. 

Glad to see some positive comments too. Been far too much gloom on here of late. Hoping a win or 7 will turn that around (for some at least). 

Edit: can't afford the products don't buy them @rickygoo but Negs are free so neg away. Hope that makes you feel better. You could do with some positivity in your life, glad I could be of assistance. 

Not about me - I'm a happy chappy. What's a neg but a click on a little red icon by a random stranger?  Don't take it personally 

lol

54 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Is that the line Huddersfield took? 

For somebody that knows his footy this is a pretty childish thing to say.

the difference was a missed penalty, nothing else. a missed penalty from a player (FF) bought for us by our chairman that last season huddersfield couldnt afford.

They did it with loans and fair play to them the gamble paid off and now they have bought some of them loans. but when the difference is so fine dont use this as a stick to beat the chairman with. Had Udders not gone up they would have no one of any value, the loan money would have been wasted. 

Our Chairman goes down the 'buying' route, meaning we have assets and im glad he did it that way, regardless of whether the fine lines in the play-offs went against us.  

47 minutes ago, Mishowl said:

Fair enough but the product on the pitch has got to be right. 

tbf the product on the pitch is out of his control... chairman up and down the country for ever have backed the managers of their clubs with little or no reward. I am happy with the part DC is playing.