Appalling Wednesday fans booing the team off

I have never condoned booing,  especially during a game. But after the game... 

But after just watching that game myself  and having seen us show exactly the same weaknesses as last year and be dominated by a team like that I can see why the frustration might have boiled over in some.

One or two will wrongly signal individual players out.

But the truth is they are playing in a inhibiting system. They are predictable in open play because of the limitations put up on them. 

Edited by Lord Snooty

Fans have a right too boo. It's been a frustrating summer. 

Manager taking 2-3 week to decide if he wants to stay for another season all in the meanwhile other teams are identifying targets and signing players. 

Kits that fans what to buy and mainly create a massive income through the summer not released till 3 days ago. 

We pay one of the highest in ticket pricing. 

Yes we finished 4th last year but we all know and anyone watching that team last year knows that we didn't get th best out of that team and it was capebale of more. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wild Will Smith said:

Ooooh I'm older than you so my opionion is more valid, I know more than you do.

My grandad is older than you and saw Wednesday play when you were shîtting in nappies. Don't let the fact that he misplaced his marbles years ago and is now the one shïtting in nappies put you off, he's well old, so he knows best.

By the way, he just called me Julie and told me he likes the taste of the new vacuum cleaner.

If he's older than primary school age and that's the worse performance he's ever seen then he clearly hasn't been going very long.

What's hard to understand about that?

1 minute ago, coopswfc76 said:

If he's older than primary school age and that's the worse performance he's ever seen then he clearly hasn't been going very long.

What's hard to understand about that?

Sorry, I don't speak English.

Fans have a right don't they?..It sounded f.ookin' abysmal, 

6000 trawl over there and hardly see a shot in anger?, they hate the kit, they hate the prices they have had to pay for the last 2 years...and they are absolute bloody experts when being promised "Jam tomorrow"...

150 years old Wednesday?...f.ookin' sounded like it today

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

Can't blame them, players only playing to the managers system though.They are probably just as frustrated.

Nah they and Carlos were garbage, don't see why the players put in a dreadful inept performance like that and can get away with it. I have said for ages our problem isnt defense  its our weak midfield that is the issue.

Wasn't that long ago when the players got a fantastic reception after not performing at Wembley.

I remember them saying they'd do it for the fans last season, before not performing against Huddersfield.

It's all about the badge, and running hard from the first minute to the last, was said recently. Backed by a fantastic set of fans today. The players didn't perform again.

Anyone noticing a pattern?

Some players seem to be well paid but not able to put in much of a performance.

Forestieri always tries though, so it is possible.

1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

Wasn't that long ago when the players got a fantastic reception after not performing at Wembley.

I remember them saying they'd do it for the fans last season, before not performing against Huddersfield.

It's all about the badge, and running hard from the first minute to the last, was said recently. Backed by a fantastic set of fans today. The players didn't perform again.

Anyone noticing a pattern?

Some players seem to be well paid but not able to put in much of a performance.

Forestieri always tries though, so it is possible.

The problem you have is the Wednesday fans looking at the prices they pay, and taking the p*ss outta United for virtually letting kids in for nowt..

Then putting it up against the mantra of Wednesday...

"We pay the prices we get the glory"..

Well f.ook me...that worked out well didn't it?

The Blades have reached the same position we have, by getting virtually f.ook all through the gate money, but not relying on bloody oriental superstition and swapping the kit around until we look like a cross between Ipswich an' Gillingham..

Mr Chansiri needs to have a look at himself..cos its not f.ookin' working...

If Langwith Welfare, by some miracle, were playing Arsenal in the 3rd Round of the FA Cup, they would probably lose 20-0. But I would bet diamonds that they would have at least one shot on goal.  Our failure to do that is an indication of the depth that we sank to today.

We are so sadly lacking somewhere, and the longer that it goes unresolved, the more difficult it will be to correct.

Please, please, lets get it sorted quickly.

I was very shocked when the booing started, as were some others around me, but I could understand the initial round.

What I didn't understand was the prolonged booing as the players tried to acknowledge the fans their their effort. Not sure I've seen that since the dark days. It reeked of a club in serious trouble, not a club who have been on an upward trend and only the first game of the season.

I agree fans have every right to voice their displeasure after that shower of bobbar, but the prolonged booing beyond just the final whistle seemed out of proportion  and worrying.

3 minutes ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

I was very shocked when the booing started, as were some others around me, but I could understand the initial round.

What I didn't understand was the prolonged booing as the players tried to acknowledge the fans their their effort. Not sure I've seen that since the dark days. It reeked of a club in serious trouble, not a club who have been on an upward trend and only the first game of the season.

I agree fans have every right to voice their displeasure after that shower of bobbar, but the prolonged booing beyond just the final whistle seemed out of proportion  and worrying.

Was talking with my brother only this week saying there just seemed to be something in the air this year down at S6 and it wasn't good... it's As if people knew today was gonna happen (but hoped it didn't). Also With the pigs in our league, the lack of signings, the late kit etc etc ... today was a day to forget all this and show a statement of intent. It couldn't have gone any worse tbh. Large following seeing a completely inept display. Personally I'm very , very p1ssed off and extremely disappointed. If I'd have seen Bill Murray today I'd have known it was Groundhog Day but alas.......