Appalling Wednesday fans booing the team off

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Sad but true

Absolute rubbish , Wednesday fans are no worse than any others .

I remember the disappointment that day , we'd took around 6k expectation were high after previous 2 seasons and the team just didn't compete , didn't just lose they were abject , I can understand the frustrating that day and it set the tone for where we are now I'm afraid.

• Like 7

Just now, agentwalker said:

is a bit sad but not having fan's in the ground to voice there disapproval was a major factor in Monk and other's overstaying their welcome. 

Interesting you view it that way rather than 'Not having fans in the ground to cheer and urge the players on was a major factors in us not gettin better results'

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Interesting you view it that way rather than 'Not having fans in the ground to cheer and urge the players on was a major factors in us not gettin better results'

never works like that.

The players drive the crowd. They show some effort and get stuck in, the fans push them on. If they play crap the fans get on their backs. Just the way it is and always has been.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

can you point me to where I've suggested otherwise?

(i'll save you time- the answer is NO - because I never have )

It was more a reply to the previous post who said the fans are never happy and you replied sad but true.

10 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

never works like that.

The players drive the crowd. They show some effort and get stuck in, the fans push them on. If they play crap the fans get on their backs. Just the way it is and always has been.

Agree with this. We’ve heard many times how Wednesday players sometimes find it difficult to play at Hillsborough, due to the level of supporter expectation. So when there was no crowd, such pressure should have been off. Put simply, either the players were crap, Monk was crap or more likely, both. 

Just now, Devonstrix said:

Agree with this. We’ve heard many times how Wednesday players sometimes find it difficult to play at Hillsborough, due to the level of supporter expectation. So when there was no crowd, such pressure should have been off. Put simply, either the players were crap, Monk was crap or more likely, both. 

Or the players didn't get paid and it was all kicking off behind the scenes

Owlstalk Shop

50 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Booing Jack Hunt didn't happen tho apparently

You are running around opening threads from years ago.

Why?

No one claimed nothing negative was said towards Hunt as a player, very few if any Wednesday player manages that

But you are claiming everyone did.

Bit sad really.

• Love 1

30 minutes ago, Watto said:

Absolute rubbish , Wednesday fans are no worse than any others .

I remember the disappointment that day , we'd took around 6k expectation were high after previous 2 seasons and the team just didn't compete , didn't just lose they were abject , I can understand the frustrating that day and it set the tone for where we are now I'm afraid.

This. I was at this game. It was shambolic. And was the start of our long and painful demise.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

is a bit sad but not having fan's in the ground to voice there disapproval was a major factor in Monk and other's overstaying their welcome. 

I still find it baffling that people label blame with Gary Monk

• Like 1

Take the ruff with the smooth. 

You put a shift in and play well you get the cheer, applause, standing ovation etc.. You aimlessly wander about with little effort or urgency and don't do what your highly paid for, then you need to take the stick. 

I played all levels of rugby for batley and into the first team for a while before my injury (busted knee, anterior and cruciate ligaments snapped). We used to go watch the first team, they lost far more than they won, but always put a shift in and did lose becouse they just whent good enough. So we very rarely had a go at them for it. 

For me it's all I ask, give it your best and if you loose to a better team it can't be helped. Also made it so much sweeter when we beat someone we really shouldn't have. 

• Like 1