Appalling Wednesday fans booing the team off

Just now, DJMortimer said:

The booing was a holdover from the end of last season. This team missed a glorious opportunity to get back to the Premier League but has been handcuffed by the manager. I suspect many were willing to wait and see if there might be a change in our approach that might give rise to some fresh optimism. But all the signs are that nothing has changed and fans are already concerned about another death of a thousand cuts this season. One shot on target against a side that will be well short of the leading contenders does nothing to suggest there is too much to get excited about.

Ayup DJM. Welcome back to the match day section. Been a while. 

I didn't boo, because I left just before the final whistle. And I wouldn't boo, because I don't do that. But I can fully understand why others did.

The collective weekly wage of the 11 players on the pitch probably equals what will take some people 10 years to earn. Fans stump up good money to travel in their 1000s and are then subject to an awful display with very little in the way of value for money. People can't go and get their money back, so they leave a review, in the form of boo's. The players are fully aware as to what their paying customers thought of their product. And quite frankly, it was sh!te today.

Over 5000 fans travelled to Preston and paid for the 'privilege' of watching well-paid professional footballers playing poorly. They have a right to vent their displeasure. I get fed up with those who think we should just put up with such lame offerings because it's our club and we ought not show such displeasure. The time to really worry is when the fans don't boo, because they don't care, not when fans have made such efforts to travel away to cheer their team on only to be let down appallingly.

3 hours ago, didz said:

Deserve every boo they get, how is that dreadful?  This p u s s y generation needs to get a grip and see reality.  Team was awful, no creativity, no desire or passion.  You think the fans who have made the journey give a s h i t about players feelings etc.  If anything this should be a wake up call - holidays are over.  Get back to business

Holidays are over...strikes the right note after that performance, hope that is what the problem was. UTO.

Guest RocketOwl

They get paid vast amounts of money. Most of our fans earn a modest living. 

I think ink it's acceptable to share disgust at a performance.

The frustrating thing is we have a great set of fans and for to many years we have been let down.

2 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

They get paid vast amounts of money. Most of our fans earn a modest living. 

I think ink it's acceptable to share disgust at a performance.

The frustrating thing is we have a great set of fans and for to many years we have been let down.

We've got to the play offs in the last 2 seasons. Grow a pair. 

I'm not one for booing - not at all. But today, that performance was worthy of getting booed off. It was absolutely abject.  Apart from Ross Wallace smashing an effort just over the bar, I cannot remember another chance we created. Given the money that has been spent and the players we have at our disposal, we should be doing a lot better than that.

For me, the booing was a message to Carlos and the players that this is not acceptable. The tactics are too negative, the balance of the team is wrong and the players didn't want it enough today. Preston must have won 80% of the second balls - we weren't at the races.

2 hours ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Can honestly say that is the first time I've ever booed a Wednesday team off the pitch. 

Horrific, gutless performance.

5700 fans there singing their hearts out, having to witness players (who we know are good players) struggle to do the absolute basics time and time again. They should be ashamed of themselves.

I basically echo this.

That was THE worst Wednesday performance I've seen in a long time. I can't remember coming out feeling as pisssed off as that for ages. I wasn't surprised by the reaction at the end at all. It was THAT bad a performance. I'm still a little bit shocked by how bad we actually were to be honest. 

The sad thing is once a manager has lost the faith and backing of the usually faithful away support, then I'm afraid it only ends one way and there's no coming back.

1 hour ago, Saxondale said:

I basically echo this.

That was THE worst Wednesday performance I've seen in a long time. I can't remember coming out feeling as pisssed off as that for ages. I wasn't surprised by the reaction at the end at all. It was THAT bad a performance. I'm still a little bit shocked by how bad we actually were to be honest. 

The sad thing is once a manager has lost the faith and backing of the usually faithful away support, then I'm afraid it only ends one way and there's no coming back.

We were equally as poor against PNE on New Year's Eve and somehow managed to get a point and also against Udders in the playoff away leg. Both extremely poor performances riddled by errors by a team with supposedly high end championship players. 

We have an imbalanced squad driven by poor tactics and a negative mindset. Once I saw Nuhiu on the bench, you knew Carlos wanted to be 1-0 up and he can put him on to to see the game out.  Absolutely ridiculous.

9 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

We were equally as poor against PNE on New Year's Eve and somehow managed to get a point and also against Udders in the playoff away leg. Both extremely poor performances riddled by errors by a team with supposedly high end championship players. 

We have an imbalanced squad driven by poor tactics and a negative mindset. Once I saw Nuhiu on the bench, you knew Carlos wanted to be 1-0 up and he can put him on to to see the game out.  Absolutely ridiculous.

Dont quite agree with all of that, today's performance, if you can call it that, lies beneath both those games. With the Huddersfield semi at least you could see the plan, as unnatractive as it was.

Today was just completely rudderless. Just a bunch of individuals thrown together with no sign of a pattern of play or idea on what they were supposed to be doing.

Guest samowl
5 hours ago, shandypants said:

W4nk from the fans at the end. We were crap but booing off the team was dreadful

Do you sit in the South Stand around the players tunnel with a flask. 

It's not the team, it's the manager and his God awful tactics and his inability to get the best out of them.

What happened to the great attacking football, the attitude were if you score 4 we'll score 5. Sad fact is we've gone backwards under Carlos and he needs to go.

Even without strengthening the squad that team is capable of challenging the top 2.

Edited by Blue and white

7 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

It's not the team, it's the manager and his God awful tactics and his inability to get the best out of them.

What happened to the great attacking football, the attitude were if you score 4 we'll score 5. Sad fact is we've gone backwards under Carlos and he needs to go.

Even without strengthening the squad that team is capable of challenging the top 2.

Whilst I agree with the rest of this, I don't think the players can be absolved from taking responsibility for playing so poorly. Whatever the tactics they ought to be able to do the basics well. Many are on very, very good wages and ought to be doing better! Too easy just to blame the manager alone.

3 hours ago, handworth52 said:

Like I've said many times , Milan has his faults but he knows about football and he wouldn't put up with this poo and why should he. Chansiri needs to learn very quickly otherwise he has made a huge mistake which has cost him upwards of 100 million and us supporters 3 years of stagnation due to his totally inept transfer dealings which have pushed us close to ffp.  Bad display v qpr and we all need to let Chansiri know our feelings . 

Let's hope for another year of stagnation and we will get automatic promotion. 

Going absolutely no where with CC in charge.

For the loves of god, one shot on target. How the hell is this acceptable?

How are people wanting to pay good money to see one shot on target?

I'd expect atleast 3 on target against Man City ffs.