Appalling Wednesday fans booing the team off

6 minutes ago, Redcoat said:

Going absolutely no where with CC in charge.

For the loves of god, one shot on target. How the hell is this acceptable?

How are people wanting to pay good money to see one shot on target?

I'd expect atleast 3 on target against Man City ffs.

I can't remember the shot on target. Was it the free kick that hit the wall? 

Guest Ash76

Disgraceful behaviour from some fans at the end. I've no problem with people booing out of frustration at the end but aiming disgusting abuse at players who came to acknowledge some fans that were clapping is simply not on

9 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Disgraceful behaviour from some fans at the end. I've no problem with people booing out of frustration at the end but aiming disgusting abuse at players who came to acknowledge some fans that were clapping is simply not on

The behaviour wasn't quite as bad as the team's performance sadly. But specific abuse at individuals is wrong. 

Edited by rickygoo

Guest Ash76
Just now, rickygoo said:

The behaviour wasn't quite as bad as the team's performance sadly. 

You obviously weren't sat near me then 'die of cancer you w4nk b4stards' was just one of the comments. Foaming at the mouth he was, take the beer and cocaine away and they wouldn't have handed out that kind of abuse

Just now, Ash76 said:

You obviously weren't sat near me then 'die of cancer you w4nk b4stards' was just one of the comments. Foaming at the mouth he was, take the beer and cocaine away and they wouldn't have handed out that kind of abuse

I edited my response. I was sat near the back so abuse at individuals was impossible. 

1 minute ago, King Phil said:

Never ever boo your own players. Ever. I remember this coming in and hearing it from opposition fans circa 1990 and feeling sure a Wednesdayite would never boo his team or player. Long time gone 

:picnic:

The team as a whole deserved it. There were no boos I heard during the game. 

CC sets the tactics and the players are expected to carry them out. However, surely, there are players within the squad who could and should be allowed to approach Carlos and say that the tactics are not working, can we consider an alternative.

Come the start of a game, the players have got to put the effort and application in, and today for whatever reason they didn't.

It's a collective responsibility, and the whole team and management have to take the criticism together.

One game lost (to a dubious penalty) does not define a season, but the manner of the defeat can cast doubt amongst players, and inhibit them from going out and performing to their best ability.

Some soul searching and home truths are in order, and a frank exchange of words between players and coaching staff are needed.

I would in no way describe myself as a happy clapper, but I think I am like the vast majority of fans who want our club to succeed and progress, and see the players play with passion and realise their undoubtedly potential.

On 05/08/2017 at 19:02, KivoOwl said:

Not booed since Chesterfield away in 2004, but I did today. 

That was one of the most gutless and inept opening day performances I've ever seen. 

Westwood's kicking was awful. 

Jack Hunt couldn't cross the ball if he only had a piece of coal to beat. 

Lees had his worst game in a Wednesday shirt and our tendency to pass around the back doesnt suit him.

Loovens and Pudil looked like they were towing caravans. 

The whole defence looked like they'd never played together before. 

Onto midfield. Boyd spent an hour running about flailing his arms around, but I cant remember him touching the ball. 

Hutchinson looked sluggish and cant be relied upon to feature all season. 

Bannan thinks he's a lot better than he is. He spent the game doing his usual flicks and tricks in his own penalty area that don't come off. 

Reach is scared of playing football. 

Forestieri has cottoned on that his teammates haven't got a clue so he's trying to do everything himself. 

Rhodes was a shambles. He spent an hour being muscled off the ball by Tommy Spurr and then walked off. 

Wallace did more in five minutes than the rest of them put together. 

No plan, no pace, no physicality, no commitment, no guile, no teamwork, no urgency, no idea. 

I previously thought we needed 4/5 players to scrap for the top two. I now think we need 8/9 and a new manager. 

Spent £100+ and a full day on an utter shambles. The club has been a shambles all summer and while others have progressed, we've done nothing. 

So yeah, I booed. 

Booing Jack Hunt didn't happen tho apparently

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Lincs Owl said:

This thread was started in August 2017.   PNE away the first league game since we finished 4th in 2017, our highest position since 2000.

I think we could have Man City's side, and fans would still boo. It's the Wednesday way.

Sad but true

Owlstalk Shop