Where the flip is the Official Matchday Thread?

4 minutes ago, Dan™ said:

Shocking performance but I don't lay as much of the blame at Carlos' door as others seem to be doing, the players just don't seem to be able to handle the kind of game Preston brought out today. Hate losing to teams like that, I still haven't gotten over Charlton doing it to us in League One.

We never looked settled on the ball, everyone was panicking.

Look at my comment above. Other teams will have us sussed now with our slow defensive tactics

7 minutes ago, ThisCityIsOurs88 said:

The only problem with this team is the managers tactics, wether you like it or not, that is the truth. 

The only problem?

I wonder if we watched the same team out there: Pudil and Hunt were hot garbage, and especially Hunt.

Just walked all over us down the right side.

It's no use getting the ball forward and trying to press when the opposition has a perfect outlet for the pressure right down our right side.

Boyd and Hunt were dreadful.  Boyd was caught walking with his back turned on the throw in, while his man took the ball down to the byline - school boy stuff.

And Pudil was only marginally better.

Edited by Indoor Owl

2 minutes ago, Dan™ said:

Shocking performance but I don't lay as much of the blame at Carlos' door as others seem to be doing, the players just don't seem to be able to handle the kind of game Preston brought out today. Hate losing to teams like that, I still haven't gotten over Charlton doing it to us in League One.

We never looked settled on the ball, everyone was panicking.

They are Carlos's players and his tactics, the blame is 100% his :columbo:

Just now, Almat said:

This is actually hilarious. Thank you. But, SiJ, AFTER ONLY ONE GAME? What are you thinking, boy? /gets popcorn ready/

You seemed more interesting in having an argument with yours truly than the game itself.

Perhaps it is you who needs to see the shrink. 

Oh and I'm 31 btw, Gramps. 

well after that i'm not sure why i've payed for Ifollow to watched the games. At this rate i'm going to be even more depressed each week as I can see  how poor our away performances really are instead of thinking the radio coverage was a bit harsh.

I can't really comment on the game as I missed most of it. 

Disappointing result that.  

Was important to get off to a good start today.  

Gutted.  

Time to regroup and come out fighting next week.  

Take it easy lads and lasses. 

I actually feel quite angry, you wait 3 months for this, listen to the spin about changing tactics and then see something different to the spin in pre-season. Hey presto we approach the game exactly the same as most of last season. Not good enough and the writing was on the wall when the team was read out. If I can predict how we will fare I imagine it's a walk in the park for whichever manager we are up against.

I saw all the things today that I wanted shut of at the end of last season in just 90 minutes

flipping crap start. Wonder what excuse CC will use, can't use the old takes players time to gel because we only had one new face.  The fact is in games like this we have sod all creativity and pace to break teams down. Have to go round Preston now with the family having a few beers. Great :-(

Guest kelliesleftnut

i'd almost forgot what that gutted feeling felt like after a few months without football but feck me wheres that peroni.

You look at our team sheet & bench & think anything like a performance will bring home the 3 points. Unfortunately our tactics don't allow the talent we have to express itself & put the opposition on the back foot.

Great rallying cry from Carlos to the supporters before today's game.... well once again the fans have shown their support and commitment to the club and have held up our end of the bargain.

Once again the manager AND the players talking the talk but not backing it up. At the minute I feel very deflated and let down by every one of them.

3 minutes ago, Ronio said:

I can't really comment on the game as I missed most of it. 

Disappointing result that.  

Was important to get off to a good start today.  

Gutted.  

Time to regroup and come out fighting next week.  

Take it easy lads and lasses. 

I hope so Ronio but right now I'm jolly cross at that shower today. 

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

You seemed more interesting in having an argument with yours truly than the game itself.

Perhaps it is you who needs to see the shrink. 

Oh and I'm 31 btw, Gramps. 

31?? Then start acting like you are. I've got grandkids who show more maturity/backbone in adversity than you. 

shutterstock_291431081.jpg

• Haha 1