Message from Carlos

Guest kelliesleftnut
6 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

That's why he'll never be a top manager. Too scared to address a problem and too scared to rock the boat. Instead puts the blame onto his players for playing in the style he asked of them. 

Guess we agree to disagree on this, my view is simple - supporters should support their club / team unconditionally. If you only cheer entertainment go watch a movie or a concert. Fans powered the minnows like I've never seen before at the Euros. Our fans used to win awards and were admired for filling the stadia and cheering despite turgid football and results.

genuine question philb, say after ten games into the season and we are playing like we did at times last time out with say only a couple of points on the board, you will still be on your feet cheering and geeing the lads on ?

I quite like Carlos when he seems a bit pis*ed off, find it a nice change to his usual cheeky chappy persona.

Hopefully it shows he and the lads are really up for proving a few people wrong (including me tbf)

Come on Wednesday!!!

oh and under all circumstances... protect and fight for the budge!!

blue-white-budgie-2332449.thumb.jpg.b92ca58c318c9ffb4cb7e067436ee3c9.jpg

24 minutes ago, Bodhidharma said:

I always thought Stuart Grey had the best understanding about this.

Whenever he was asked about fans negativity he said it was up to the players to get the fans on side. Fans don't want to be negative.

It really is that simple. 

His team was very negative.

Whether they wanted to be or not.

1 hour ago, Bodhidharma said:

Fans are uncomplicated.

Win games and play well for 90 minutes and there will be plenty of positivity.

Lose games, draw games, win games but don't play that well and there will be grumbles. 

Managers making appeals make no difference to this.

You are of course completely right in what you say....i have just altered the grumbles bit to make it more realistic.

I'm in the Carlos in camp. I don't think he's dealt with the cards that Chansiri has handed him quite as well as he might have - the CB/forward comparison is a bit unbalanced- but he's shown flair and pragmatism in successive seasons. Better blend of both this year and we'll have a chance. 

Ultimately success doesn't just depend on us - depends on how others have progressed. All we can do is give it our best shot. 

15 minutes ago, kelliesleftnut said:

genuine question philb, say after ten games into the season and we are playing like we did at times last time out with say only a couple of points on the board, you will still be on your feet cheering and geeing the lads on ?

Why wouldn't you be? 

Genuine question, if you had a child that was failing, you know they can do better do you support and encourage or shout and scream? 

There's a reason professional sports people clap attempted passes. They know the next one may be the right one. Complaining only encourages players to take safe option. 

1 hour ago, sheriwozgod said:

Talkin the talk.................................time to back it up with positivity ON the pitch now.

100% this. He actually looks quite annoyed which imo is a good sign lol And, on a non-footballing matter the new thatch is coming on nicely (I do wonder if he's had the back done as well but I'm sure all will be revealed on Saturday). I do get the feeling he's maybe had a read on here?

Edited by Almat

I thought it was good how he went through all the things (kits, stripes...) that we've been moaning about and then said all that matters is the badge, obviously without realising that everyone has been moaning about the new badge as well.

Seriously though, great message as usual from Carlos.  WAWAW

Guest Arnold
1 minute ago, cowl said:

Sounds as though it could be either, but I think it's most likely to be 'kits'.

I thought so

Guest The Horse

I think it's an expectation thing. 

When you're not expecting to win much and you know your team is pretty crap, fans just have a laugh anyway and sing Wednesday til I die regardless. It's easy to be care-free when there's nothing to lose.

Now, we have one of the best teams in the league and are one of the front runners for promotion.

That creates a tension and fans can't really relax into it until it's obvious that we are dominating a game and creating chance after chance.

Grinding out 1-0 wins with nervy finishes doesn't get fans singing their hearts out. Especially fans of teams who have spent a shed load and expectations are high.

Let the shackles off, Carlos and the crowd will respond.

OK another example. 

Blades fans.

All I heard from them was non stop moaning for years.

Then their new manager took over and they are all suddenly very positive.  

It's not the fans mentality.  

It's the football.  

The hypothesis that it is the fans leads to a waste of henergy trying to get them onside with words. 

Our fans can be magnificent if the football is right. 

It is the same at all football clubs. Look at Man Utd when Van Gaal was there, Arsenal last season, even Barcalona fans last season. Wednesday fans are no different to any other group of fans

Fans are uncomplicated.

Win games and there will be plenty of positivity.

Lose games and there will be grumbles. 

Managers making appeals make no difference to this.

I would agree on the wins but there's a minority on here and particularly on Facebook and Twitter who will never be happy. They moan and boo, they grumble at our players who are doing their best to try to achieve things for us even when we win.

If you're one of the negative types, if you aren't happy if we're not 3-0 up in the first 20 minutes. Just keep quiet until at least after the match

The tuts and moans every time we don't find the perfect pass do get to the players, it's does affect the mood on the pitch.

Yes, we should be more positive at home early on but two negatives don't make a positive in football. Cheer the lads on and let's see what we can do.