Message from Carlos

Just now, Plonk said:

Except we've not had a game since May and all I've read on here is this is bobbar, thatsshit, strike me the club are getting un-workable off with the negativity too.

Goes with the territory.

Just gotta get on with it and win em round.

1 minute ago, Bodhidharma said:

Yeah I take your point but I'm not sure complaining about it makes any difference.

As I've said many times, it is just another form of complaining. In reality all it does is divide fans.

The only way to stop negativity is play well and win. 

What if we don't play well, or don't win. Do we as Supporters  stop supporting? 

Being welsh and out with the Euros last year I noticed a massive difference between teams such as Ireland, Iceland, Wales.... and England. I attended games for all the countries above. I've never heard such hatred or negativity than I did sat in with the English. On the flip side I heard the other teams supporters cheer, sing, support their teams win lose or draw. 

Weird concept how the 12th man can help, how being cheered rather than hissed after a misplaced pass gives you the confidence to keep trying rather than pass 2yards sideways. 

I know I'm an optimist, just wish that our fans tried supporting our team as this is the best era in 20 years yet has the worst (maybe a minority) support. God help us if we slip back to the dark days of mid table league one! 

7 minutes ago, ramone said:

Absolute garbage

We finished 4th last year and there were more grumbles than I've ever known.

Great minds! I hate to think how some would react to playing league one teams and getting beat when we boo our team off at nil nil against championship teams. 

5 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Not so sure, won more games last season than I can remember and more moaning than i can also remember. 

I know we live in an entitlement era now, but last season at times was ridiculous - booing the team off at half time as it was nil - nil and moaning that we need to score more if we win by one. 

I remember worse times where we moaned less! Love this message and hope we can get behind the team regardless. This song when your winning mentality is BS! They need the support through bad times and good. 

I haven't booed them off since Forest stuck 7 past us at Hillsborough. Not my thing - even if it was, last year I was too sleepy.

It was all just a bit dull and that contributed to subdued atmospheres at Hillsborough and, despite the results, it was a let down from the previous year.

i know some people say it's just about results but if that's the case football is best watched on teletext. I want drama, goalmouth action, skilful play, passion AND 3 points. That's when football is the best game in the world and that's when the atmosphere builds which in turn makes the football better. 

Come on Carlos - you can do it. 

Just now, Philb125 said:

What if we don't play well, or don't win. Do we as Supporters  stop supporting? 

Being welsh and out with the Euros last year I noticed a massive difference between teams such as Ireland, Iceland, Wales.... and England. I attended games for all the countries above. I've never heard such hatred or negativity than I did sat in with the English. On the flip side I heard the other teams supporters cheer, sing, support their teams win lose or draw. 

Weird concept how the 12th man can help, how being cheered rather than hissed after a misplaced pass gives you the confidence to keep trying rather than pass 2yards sideways. 

I know I'm an optimist, just wish that our fans tried supporting our team as this is the best era in 20 years yet has the worst (maybe a minority) support. God help us if we slip back to the dark days of mid table league one! 

Yeah well i don't disagree with any of that. But it's just the way it is. 

I think we have pretty good fans on the whole..

Telling fans to be positive is not a good tactic from managers in my opinion.

You can never stop negativity by railing against it.

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

I haven't booed them off since Forest stuck 7 past us at Hillsborough. Not my thing - even if it was, last year I was too sleepy.

It was all just a bit dull and that contributed to subdued atmospheres at Hillsborough and, despite the results, it was a let down from the previous year.

i know some people say it's just about results but if that's the case football is best watched on teletext. I want drama, goalmouth action, skilful play, passion AND 3 points. That's when football is the best game in the world and that's when the atmosphere builds which in turn makes the football better. 

Come on Carlos - you can do it. 

I am an optimist and think we can win and play well! When I see our players getting bood for a missed pass, no wonder they get scared to try and play conservative. 

We play as much a part in this as the the coach and the players, towards the end of last season it seemed that the mood was lifting, it's weird how results did too. Chicken and egg maybe, but I'd rather support and encourage a team to be better than abuse them in the hope they improve. 

It amazes me how/why there are fans that want to be negative about their club - top 6 two seasons running with the best overall squad and chairman we have had for decades yet still they try everything to find a fault.

Same people who will be hailing Carlos as a king if we get promoted.

:duntmatter:

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

I am an optimist and think we can win and play well! When I see our players getting bood for a missed pass, no wonder they get scared to try and play conservative. 

We play as much a part in this as the the coach and the players, towards the end of last season it seemed that the mood was lifting, it's weird how results did too. Chicken and egg maybe, but I'd rather support and encourage a team to be better than abuse them in the hope they improve. 

If you snooze you don't abuse

I always thought Stuart Grey had the best understanding about this.

Whenever he was asked about fans negativity he said it was up to the players to get the fans on side. Fans don't want to be negative.

It really is that simple. 

2 minutes ago, Bodhidharma said:

Whenever he was asked about fans negativity he said it was up to the players to get the fans on side. Fans don't want to be negative.

As such

I think the majority of people dont want rid of carlos, they just want him to at least try and get the best out of the players at our disposal.

I was firmly in the carlos out camp, however, saturday is a fresh start and i'm 100% behind him and the team. 

Just concerned that nothing has changed. As for the interview, he said all the 'we will fight' etc last season.

Time for action. UTO

4 minutes ago, Bodhidharma said:

That's why he'll never be a top manager. Too scared to address a problem and too scared to rock the boat. Instead puts the blame onto his players for playing in the style he asked of them. 

Guess we agree to disagree on this, my view is simple - supporters should support their club / team unconditionally. If you only cheer entertainment go watch a movie or a concert. Fans powered the minnows like I've never seen before at the Euros. Our fans used to win awards and were admired for filling the stadia and cheering despite turgid football and results.

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

That's why he'll never be a top manager. Too scared to address a problem and too scared to rock the boat. Instead puts the blame onto his players for playing in the style he asked of them. 

Guess we agree to disagree on this, my view is simple - supporters should support their club / team unconditionally. If you only cheer entertainment go watch a movie or a concert. Fans powered the minnows like I've never seen before at the Euros. Our fans used to win awards and were admired for filling the stadia and cheering despite turgid football and results.

OK another example. 

Blades fans.

All I heard from them was non stop moaning for years.

Then their new manager took over and they are all suddenly very positive.  

It's not the fans mentality.  

It's the football.  

The hypothesis that it is the fans leads to a waste of henergy trying to get them onside with words. 

Our fans can be magnificent if the football is right.