Message from Carlos

42 minutes ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

I would agree on the wins but there's a minority on here and particularly on Facebook and Twitter who will never be happy. They moan and boo, they grumble at our players who are doing their best to try to achieve things for us even when we win.

If you're one of the negative types, if you aren't happy if we're not 3-0 up in the first 20 minutes. Just keep quiet until at least after the match

The tuts and moans every time we don't find the perfect pass do get to the players, it's does affect the mood on the pitch.

Yes, we should be more positive at home early on but two negatives don't make a positive in football. Cheer the lads on and let's see what we can do.

But you see none of that our games As I said, even Barcelona have people moaning on their forums, it's the same at every club

1 hour ago, Bodhidharma said:

Fans are uncomplicated.

Win games and there will be plenty of positivity.

Lose games and there will be grumbles. 

Managers making appeals make no difference to this.

Mmm..we won a lot last year and this place turned into a bitchfest.

Spot on from Carlos.

It's a shame he felt the need to say what he did, though from what I've been reading these past few days I'm not surprised.

It's clear he fully gets the heightened level of expectation from the fans and he's right, we need to do our part and show the team 100% support.

He had us playing some amazing football two seasons back.

So these players are capable of that again.

I love Carlos but he needs to get us back to our best and not just talk a good game.

If people don't like the kit they don't. I personally like them both.

Having a go at the chairman or Carlos on twitter is out of order but it's the minority. 

Most of us are behind the team 100% anyway.

Edited by Eightace

1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

I'm in the Carlos in camp. I don't think he's dealt with the cards that Chansiri has handed him quite as well as he might have - the CB/forward comparison is a bit unbalanced- but he's shown flair and pragmatism in successive seasons. Better blend of both this year and we'll have a chance. 

Ultimately success doesn't just depend on us - depends on how others have progressed. All we can do is give it our best shot. 

He's wrong about the stripes but he's not from round here so it's understandable if misguided. 

What's not to moan about? At all clubs, fans will find plenty to moan about, we are no different. I will moan on here when I think we should be doing better with our signings, or the football has been particularly turgid. It's good that it filters back to the powers that be, it keeps them on their toes. I am never negative at an actual game though, and have certainly never resorted to personal abuse, under any circumstances. Unfortunately, you will always get the odd idiot, you even get a few on here, but that's always been the case, and it just seems more prevalent now because of social media

57 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

If every club has them, including the ones who are successful, then it's debatable whether people moaning on a forum even effects them

Forget the forum, it's fortress Hilsborough that counts! There's a reason over the years we've heard how our players prefer playing away games. That just shouldn't be the case. We should be scaring the other teams out of their mind instead of booing baza missing a 40 yard pass. 

No-one wants to moan. All fans want is to see players giving all for the shirt and badge and playing good football. 

A lot of what we saw last year wasn't good football and one player even refused to play for us at the start of the season. 

The year before we played great football. It's up to you Carlos only you can change it but given what you put out on Sunday I am not sure you have the will to. Hope you prove me wrong. Wawaw.

Great speech

But...

if we don't play like Barcelona and win every game at least 4-0

have no queues at the bars and plenty of pies and sausage rolls in stock, and unlimited free beer

ditch the new kit for stripes

Sell Nuhiu to PSG for 193m and buy every defender ever linked to the club

Tear the West stand down and build a new one complete with pool terrace and neon sign

Cut matchday prices to £5, cut season tickets to £50 and executive boxes free for anyone who hasn't been negged on Owlstalk

... then expect another fans meltdown

lol

Spot on statement.

However, I reckon he's got 10 to 12 games. If after this point we are no where near, I think DC will pull the plug, and it wouldn't surprise me if DC and CC have had a pragmatic conversation along these lines. The other pressure, bizarrely, will come from United. We've had free reign for a number of years, with no city competition. I fully expect United to get a flyer (then fade away), and that, coupled with a bad start for us, will lump the pressure right on. 

We are desperate for a good start. The fixtures early doors are kind. Keep Rhodes and Hooper fit, and we've got a live chance of top 2. Failing that, it will be a battle for the play offs. 

1 hour ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

if addressing all the fans is cheap whats posting on the internet? Therapy?

Mine or anybodies opinion is irrelevant, nobody is saying other wise. Don't think I was making that point. Like I said credit to him for being pretty direct for once , let's hope that transpires on the pitch