What are your REALISTIC expectations for the new season

Guest Deleted member

1 hour ago, Lincs Owl said:

Carlos will have done a great job if we finish fourth again.  We can't compete with Norwich, Villa, Sunderland, Hull, Boro etc with their massive parachute payments.

It won't stop the moaners on here calling for his head and citing Huddersfield as an example though.

What have Hull, Sunderland and Norwich spent this season? We have stronger sides then all these imo. All have lost players without really replacing them

The expectations will depend on which CC turns up

If we can sign the missing link, disguised as a centre half, and we actually want to win matches then we should be able to challenge the top two.

If the missing link is a hoax and last seasons CC turns up we will struggle to make the top 6

2 hours ago, Grandad said:

A week tomorrow the new season kicks off - what are your realistic expectations and why?

Personally, with the influx of huge money this year from the Premiership, and with clubs like Villa, Wolves and Birmingham added to the already strong division - sadly I don't see us finishing in the play off positions this year UNLESS we significantly strengthen our defensive options.

I really hope I'm wrong. It frustrates the hell out of me that every season for the last 3 years we have reached October without really knowing our best 11.

Fully agree with this .

If we can cut out conceding goals from crosses (that hasnt been addressed so far) and can take our chances we could well challenge for the top 2. Will be very annoying if these things plague us again this season, especially the defending side of things when we have all known it needs sorting.

Edited by WalthamOwl

1 hour ago, beef said:

What have Hull, Sunderland and Norwich spent this season? We have stronger sides then all these imo. All have lost players without really replacing them

I assume Sunderland and Hull, and probably Norwich have larger wage bills than us.  I think this must be so given that they have much more revenue than we have.

I also suspect that at least the first two have some spending to do.  Perhaps quite serious spending.  There is still a month to go.  Big transfer tend (only tend) to happen late.

But yes.  I also think we mau be stronger than all these teams.  If we do finish above them, that feels top six

I think we'll add from what we learned last season... namely how to win when we don't play that well...there's no reason why we can't progress again...oh apart from having a defence that is so rubbish we kept record clean sheets for the last 2 seasons...and Loovens aging 2 years in 12 months  lol