What are your REALISTIC expectations for the new season

Guest Deleted member

1 minute ago, mcmigo said:

We have Sam Hutch if we need to, so we need one reserve centre back at most to do a job as Sasso did.  Apart from that, use the loan market as most other teams do if we need to.  Unless Loovens has been on the beach drinking all summer he will be absolutely fine for another season. 

Loovens and Hutchinson are great players but by God their injury record is shocking, if your putting your faith in them to get us through the season your a braver man than me.

I think if we look at the big picture, yes we defo need a CB but having said that Lees and/or Loovens and Hutch are decent. Not many better pairings in this division. We're strong, industrial in midfield and we have that bit of flair if CC let's the schackles off. In the play off we were too negative. Scared of losing to the point of not pushing for the win. I genuinely think a good start for Rhodes, maybe a player such as Morrison at Reading and were as good as any. Heart says top two, head says play offs again. One final thing tho, remember 3-4 years back we were scrapping by with loans and freebies. We're stronger each year since. Premier League. We're coming for you....

Top 6 realistically. Top 2 will probably be a step too far because if the huge amount of money other clubs have. It's a 2 tier league money wise. There's at least 4 or 5 clubs who can outspend everybody else put together. That's a difficult situation for teams to deal with without really putting the club at risk. 

That being said, I'd love us to have a decent start for a change, we've spent 2 seasons cursing slow starts now a day I'm bored of it. 

1 minute ago, latemodelchild said:

Top 6 realistically. Top 2 will probably be a step too far because if the huge amount of money other clubs have. It's a 2 tier league money wise. There's at least 4 or 5 clubs who can outspend everybody else put together. That's a difficult situation for teams to deal with without really putting the club at risk. 

That being said, I'd love us to have a decent start for a change, we've spent 2 seasons cursing slow starts now a day I'm bored of it. 

It didn't stop a team with one of the lowest budgets doing it last season.

We need to play like we did the second half of the season when we were the form team of the league. We have the same squad so there is no excuses. Hit the ground running and maintain it throughout the season instead of turning up 7 games into the season and we will be there.

Guest mkowl

Depends on the attitude CC instills on the players

Just hoping not to be bored rigid for 60 minutes of each game, will enjoy the 10 minutes when we play well and stress for 20 minutes as we sit back and defend badly

Guest The Horse

We need the back-up central defenders so we can play a more attack-minded game.
The team was hard to beat last season cos we played so cautiously giving the defense plenty of cover but also making us slow in attack.

I expect us to start next season solidly, grinding out results like last season's bore fests with a few draws and the wins coming by the odd nail-biting goal.
Once Carlos gets the defenders he wants and they click with the rest of the team (which unfortunately I'm not expecting until after the international break) then we'll kick on and be a real force and expect us to start putting teams to the sword by 2 or 3 clear goals.

In short, start off bobbing around 6-10th.
Finish top four with it going to the last game for the last auto spot behind champions Middlesbrough.

Make no mistake I think we could challenge for autos but there's at least 9 other teams expecting playoffs and who have a realistic chance of (possibly) finishing higher than us next season so scraping the playoffs again would not be the end of the world provided we actually do it this time.

Middlesbrough
Hull City
Aston Villa
Fulham
Norwich
Derby County

Reading
Leeds

Wolves

i think we will have a similar season to last year, scratching around the bottom end of the playoffs. a lot depends on injuries, if we can keep injury free for the first few months we might surprise a few teams and get in the mix.

I think as long as we finish top 6 it's a successful season in my eyes, obviously finishing top 3 would show positional progress but lots of clubs are upping their game and it's not as easy as some fans would like to think.

I think we are all praying for top 2 this season though aren't we?

1 hour ago, Mishowl said:

People said that last year but we finished above Norwich and Villa.

Why shouldn't Huddersfield be used as an example of what can be achieved?

And Burnley finished runners-up in 2013/14 despite having the FOURTH lowest wage bill that season (forced to sell Charlie Austin the day before the season started with NO replacement coming in).