Centre Backs missed out on

Ok. Im going to say something now thats sure to upset some people. IMO, i think we are going to struggle next year for top 6, never mind top 2.

Why?

We still havent addresses the fundamental issues of the squad.

1. Lack of CB, either first team or depth

2. Lack of quality midfield enforcer (huddlestone would have been nice)

3. Formation to address the balance and squad strengths

4. Squad is now weaker than before, 6 out, 1 in.

1 hour ago, LiamAP22D said:

Daniel Ayala for me, if I could poach any. Boro will be promoted if he's at the back with Gibson.

keogn at Derby would have been the centre half for us,think we could have got him as well with Derby signing Davies

1 hour ago, billyblack said:

Ok. Im going to say something now thats sure to upset some people. IMO, i think we are going to struggle next year for top 6, never mind top 2.

Why?

We still havent addresses the fundamental issues of the squad.

1. Lack of CB, either first team or depth

2. Lack of quality midfield enforcer (huddlestone would have been nice)

3. Formation to address the balance and squad strengths

4. Squad is now weaker than before, 6 out, 1 in.

1. We will kick-off with two from Lees,Loovens and hutch....Not a bad pairing among them.

2. Enforcers overrated and outdated. Lee, Bannan and Jones, working with our terrier wingers, nick the ball as well as any midfield.

3. 442 saw us top team over the final 25 games

4. Boyd has strengthened a superb squad. Nobody has left who would get a game.

9 hours ago, EXCALIBUR said:

barnsley's scouting system is miles in front of our's.

Actually Lindsay was about to sign for Oxford when Barnsley hijacked the deal. I suggested that he was worth considering at the time for what was quoted as 350K. However, I agree that Barnsley's scouting system is better than ours as are those of just about all our neighbouring rivals including Huddersfield and Leeds who recruited far better than we did last season for less money, including getting in good quality CBs.

28 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

1. We will kick-off with two from Lees,Loovens and hutch....Not a bad pairing among them.

2. Enforcers overrated and outdated. Lee, Bannan and Jones, working with our terrier wingers, nick the ball as well as any midfield.

So hull didnt overpower our midfield in the play off final?

Lees gets injured opening game, out for 2 months then what?

Abdi still played on the left as he cant play in the middle with lee and bannan

Our squad isnt superb. Its top heavy

35 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I agree largely, but below are my contentions... (Note a minimum and maximum of three ellipses)

1. You are right, but we have had the best part of three transfer windows to add the fourth CB. Also, why has Hutch played CM in pre season, if CC's intention is to use him at Centre Half?

2. Agree to a point (I also wouldn't call Huddlestone an "enforcer"); although that's pretty much how we employ Sam in midfield. His primary role is to disrupt the opposition, while the guy is a monster of a player, he sits far too deep and leads to a disconnect within our midfield. 

I agree that the harrying of Bannan, Lee et al. can supplement this, but once again, why is Carlos playing Sam in midfield if he doesn't intended to use him there from the start of the season?

3. Can't argue with this fact.

4. True. Although Mcgugan will probably have to play table tennis against the wall in 2017/18.

Edited by Cosby Blunkett