Centre Backs missed out on

7 minutes ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

I agree largely, but below are my contentions... (Note a minimum and maximum of three ellipses)

1. You are right, but we have had the best part of three transfer windows to add the fourth CB. Also, why has Hutch played CM in pre season, if CC's intention is to use him at Centre Half?

2. Agree to a point (I also wouldn't call Huddlestone an "enforcer"); although that's pretty much how we employ Sam in midfield. His primary role is to disrupt the opposition, while the guy is a monster of a player, he sits far too deep and leads to a disconnect within our midfield. 

I agree that the harrying of Bannan, Lee et al. can supplement this, but once again, why is Carlos playing Sam in midfield if he doesn't intended to use him there from the start of the season?

3. Can't argue with this fact.

4. True. Although Mcgugan will probably have to play table tennis against the wall in 2017/18.

Other teams have strengthened, we havent as much. Still no pace either. I know its all opinions but mine is top 2 we wont be. We are 2 injuries from a nightmare. How many games do Loovens and Hutch play a season. Given we nees them fit all season given our lack of cover wheres the rest time coming from?

11 hours ago, Siggijonsson said:

So we've looked at 200+ Centre Backs and none were deemed good enough (or cheap enough). But which CB, that have changed clubs, do you think were good enough and we've missed out on.  I personally would have been happy with:

1. Marc Roberts (Barnsley to Birmingham) - fee undisclosed (but surely not more than 3m)

2. Ryan Bennett (Norwich to Wolves) - free transfer

3. Liam Lindsay (Patrick to Barnsley) - fee undisclosed (rumour around 500,000 and he's Scottish

4. Michael Hector (Chelsea to Hull) - on loan

Jose Semedo (free agent)

43 minutes ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

I agree largely, but below are my contentions... (Note a minimum and maximum of three ellipses)

1. You are right, but we have had the best part of three transfer windows to add the fourth CB. Also, why has Hutch played CM in pre season, if CC's intention is to use him at Centre Half?

2. Agree to a point (I also wouldn't call Huddlestone an "enforcer"); although that's pretty much how we employ Sam in midfield. His primary role is to disrupt the opposition, while the guy is a monster of a player, he sits far too deep and leads to a disconnect within our midfield. 

I agree that the harrying of Bannan, Lee et al. can supplement this, but once again, why is Carlos playing Sam in midfield if he doesn't intended to use him there from the start of the season?

3. Can't argue with this fact.

4. True. Although Mcgugan will probably have to play table tennis against the wall in 2017/18.

I agree it's odd to have 3 CBS yet be watching one of them being risked played at CM. 

I suppose it is only pre-season so more about getting match fit. 

And yes yes it is very surprising to be so near the kick-off and still no incoming CBs

49 minutes ago, billyblack said:

So hull didnt overpower our midfield in the play off final?

Lees gets injured opening game, out for 2 months then what?

Abdi still played on the left as he cant play in the middle with lee and bannan

Our squad isnt superb. Its top heavy

Abdi should never play LM given the better options we have in our squad.

And yes we need another CB, but I maintain we still have 3 good choices. Yes we need a 4th.

Hull (and udders) was lost on the team-sheet. We had the squad, just not used positively. But let's not go over that again. 

Cant agree at all with your final point. Unbelievable squad. (Though yes a CB short right now)

What I can't understand is why if we had no cover for 1CB, let alone 2, we were happy to let Sasso go?

The lack of signings is concerning, the lack of signing at least one CB (that should have been a priority last January) is quite frankly alarming given the Championship gets tougher every year.

If we can not resolve this with the signing of at least one good CB then I fear for us as Loovens was not good enough last season.

Is Carlos chasing Semedo about as CB cover, surely not.