Centre Backs missed out on

11 minutes ago, Morepork said:

No suggestions but I'd just reiterate that whilst this is frustrating, in fact to say its frustrating as roger is an understatement, I'm still really optimistic that we'll get someone good over the line.

As we currently stand it would take the smallest piece of bad fortune on the injury front to jeopardise our entire season, that's not lost on the powers that be. 

Given a choice of taking the wrong guy now or the right one on deadline day it has to be the latter.

I agree with you, but the cynic in me just can't help thinking that we were in EXACTLY the same situation last pre season!!!

The club has moved on markedly in so many ways, but getting our players in, on time and healthy seems a bit of a struggle for us.

3 minutes ago, OutspokenTom said:

Just quietly Costello, shouldn't there be noun after illiterate, such as fool or idiot?

I prefer oik.

The odd thing is I have become so used to reading of instead of have, I now barely notice.

5 minutes ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

I agree with you, but the cynic in me just can't help thinking that we were in EXACTLY the same situation last pre season!!!

The club has moved on markedly in so many ways, but getting our players in, on time and healthy seems a bit of a struggle for us.

I agree, I think we're getting better at it but not quickly enough, also the market gets tougher year on year so you simply have to keep up. 

Guest wilyfox

Morrison is the only one we can be sure of having missed out on. If our 3mil bid is correct, was never going to be enough in current market - not with his credentials. 

I'm sure someone will come in within the next week or so. But remember CC's interview where he referenced FFP and our intention to stay within it, unlike some other clubs. I believe he also said we wouldn't have signed Boyd I'd he wasn't on a free. Therefore we have to understand and accept that our budget remains limited - maybe in terms of both transfer fees and wages.