Centre Backs missed out on

So we've looked at 200+ Centre Backs and none were deemed good enough (or cheap enough). But which CB, that have changed clubs, do you think were good enough and we've missed out on.  I personally would have been happy with:

1. Marc Roberts (Barnsley to Birmingham) - fee undisclosed (but surely not more than 3m)

2. Ryan Bennett (Norwich to Wolves) - free transfer

3. Liam Lindsay (Patrick to Barnsley) - fee undisclosed (rumour around 500,000 and he's Scottish

4. Michael Hector (Chelsea to Hull) - on loan

Curtis Davies is the huge miss! Leadership, pacey for a CB. Didn't think we stood a chance because I thought he'd end up back in the PL. Because he hasn't it's a massive miss on our part. Michael Hector would've been good too.

I still hope we end up with Hanley and one other, wouldn't mind Mulgrew for his versatility as a back up. Both improvements on Sasso.

Bartley would be my first choice above the both of them though. I just can't see it. 

7 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Curtis Davies is the huge miss! Leadership, pacey for a CB. Didn't think we stood a chance because I thought he'd end up back in the PL. Because he hasn't it's a massive miss on our part. Michael Hector would've been good too.

I still hope we end up with Hanley and one other, wouldn't mind Mulgrew for his versatility as a back up. Both improvements on Sasso.

Bartley would be my first choice above the both of them though. I just can't see it. 

Curtis Davies is the best centre half in the division but I wouldn't have signed him.

Hutch and Loovens love a muscle niggle. Davies loves a muscle tear.

Derby will do amazingly well to get 30 matches out of him. If they do, what a good gamble!

1 minute ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Curtis Davies is the best centre half in the division but I wouldn't have signed him.

Hutch and Loovens love a muscle niggle. Davies loves a muscle tear.

Derby will do amazingly well to get 30 matches out of him. If they do, what a good gamble!

At this point I don't care if the centre half we sign has one leg lol

4 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

At this point I don't care if the centre half we sign has one leg lol

A fair point.

but patience is a virtue. lol

just looked at Davies, he has managed 30 matches in 5 of the last 10 seasons to be fair.

and at least one of those he didn't I think was due to not being picked.

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

No suggestions but I'd just reiterate that whilst this is frustrating, in fact to say its frustrating as roger is an understatement, I'm still really optimistic that we'll get someone good over the line.

As we currently stand it would take the smallest piece of bad fortune on the injury front to jeopardise our entire season, that's not lost on the powers that be. 

Given a choice of taking the wrong guy now or the right one on deadline day it has to be the latter.

10 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

I don't know.

it depends how much age has caught up with him.

if not he will clearly be the best.

Gibson at Boro top notch as well to be fair.

Normally a good poster.

Capitalise the beginning of sentences.