20 minutes ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

Apologies in advance as it will probably summon up another Forestieri left wing/striker debate but I can see him playing mostly upfront as our strikers will probably get rotated. Which might be why we may be still in the hunt for another winger/attacking midfielder?

No worries my team was pretty pointless haha. I hope we can find a place for Forestieri so it will be interesting to see who actually is signed during the summer

Guest wilyfox

Snodgrass would certainly enhance our promotion prospects. I don't know how likely it is - and I wouldn't sell FF to fund it - but what a signing he'd be..!! 

It was reported last week that West Ham have told he can leave along with 2 others. Feghouli was one of them, can't remember who the other was. He'll leave them in this window. At the minute, it looks like we are the front runner. 

Happy days. If we get him, he'll be the best player in the division by a country mile. Imagine Rhodes and Hooper getting involved from his deliveries. Wow

16 minutes ago, ramone said:

It was reported last week that West Ham have told he can leave along with 2 others. Feghouli was one of them, can't remember who the other was. He'll leave them in this window. At the minute, it looks like we are the front runner. 

Happy days. If we get him, he'll be the best player in the division by a country mile. Imagine Rhodes and Hooper getting involved from his deliveries. Wow

Wow indeed. Add Abdi, Boyd Wallace and FF into that mix!! If only dem blavdes hadn't outmuscled us to get that lad from Hartlepool

1 hour ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

I don't think there is much of a chance.

but if we start the season with Boyd and Snodgrass either side of  any two of our centre midfielders - we'll have a right chance this season.

I highly rate Wallace and Reach, but yes that would be a superbly balanced and genuine upgrade. Given that we came so close last season we only need a slight improvement.

An energetic Reach at LB with workhorse Boyd, and the Duracell Hunt with Snodgrass down the right would be outstanding.

Can Carlos resist the temptation to pack 3 of Hutch, Lee, Bannan and Abdi in though? This is the key to whether we will field a balanced team or not.

1 hour ago, debram said:

It all seems to be strikers and wingers at the moment, we really need to strengthen at the back or CC will make little use of the attacking force that we have because they will be sat too deep helping a creaky back four, ok our defensive record was good last year but it was due to our attackers working in the wrong areas and sacrificing what they do best

Agreed.

We could do with a left back who knows how to mark his man tightly instead of getting caught out of position and then hauling him down.

At the risk of infuriating Geoffrey lol ......I know we did ask the question weeks ago about taking him on loan. I don't know what the response was or how far after that it went.  It would be a major coup and maybe a bit ambitious but we did ask the question.

15 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

At the risk of infuriating Geoffrey lol ......I know we did ask the question weeks ago about taking him on loan. I don't know what the response was or how far after that it went.  It would be a major coup and maybe a bit ambitious but we did ask the question.

That's saxoncode for done deal

24 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

I'm sure many clubs (including us) have enquired about taking him on loan, doesn't really tell us owt new. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

52 minutes ago, Plonk said:

That's saxoncode for done deal

Definitely not lol

44 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

I'm sure many clubs (including us) have enquired about taking him on loan, doesn't really tell us owt new. 

Yeah probably right.