Just now, Beatpusher said:

I was asking why my post didn't make sense? I think he's better than the championship, and other teams will be in for him ahead of us if he's available...

What doesn't make sense about that?

I replied that your post lacked reason.

We're competing with all other championship teams on wages.

He's not better than the championship.

He's no world beater, but he could be a great signing for our promotion push.

Just now, Costello 77 said:

I replied that your post lacked reason.

We're competing with all other championship teams on wages.

He's not better than the championship.

He's no world beater, but he could be a great signing for our promotion push.

Completely agree, I think if I had a list of even semi-realistic targets, he'd be pretty near the top...

He ditched Hull last season as they were obviously going down, and I can't see him dropping down to the championship after a few months at West Ham unless he's seriously unsettled, or they're not going to play him. I've seen no evidence that either is the case, and I think there'd be other prem teams after him, which would put us further back...

that enough reason?

Rhodes was on the cards for January, as he wasn't playing. If Snodgrass isn't playing first half of the season, we might have a chance. The only way we're getting him is if West Ham have told him he can go, and the other teams in the prem that were in for him are no longer interested...

4 minutes ago, Beatpusher said:

Rhodes was on the cards for January, as he wasn't playing. If Snodgrass isn't playing first half of the season, we might have a chance. The only way we're getting him is if West Ham have told him he can go, and the other teams in the prem that were in for him are no longer interested...

We're offering EPL wages. To players we want.