18 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Sunderland are weighing up a move for West Ham's 29-year-old winger Robert Snodgrass - although the Hammers' £8m asking price could prove a major stumbling block - according to the Newasle Chronicle.

At least the price is dropping

Might not matter if he's still unwilling to drop back down into the Championship? And if he can engineer a move to another top flight club. Aren't Brighton interested?

Edited by Mr. Wednesday

11 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Does it?

Reach's two recent Championship seasons

80 matches

8 goals

7 assists

24 years old

Snodgrass's last three Championship seasons

63 matches played

70 matches out injured

7 goals

11 assists 

30 years old in September

TBF Snodgrass had a good season with West Hame at the highest level, scoring 7 in 35 appearances, so no question that makes him a far better and more proven player right now. But given their ages, fitness records and Championship stats, I dont think Adam's price-tag compares too badly.

How can you compare one players last two seasons, but not the others?!!

Why are you comparing only Championship figures, and ignoring Snodgrass's Premiership stats? You can't cherry pick noncomparable numbers and compare them to make an argument. 

Edited by Suzuki_San

17 hours ago, agentwalker said:

Kept reading thinking, oh there's going to be a good punch line at the end of this... 

then nothing. 

But on the subject of the Blunts, I watched a couple of games last year and the teams we''re shocking defensively. The Championship has moved on vastly and I think they'll struggle.

Sharpe isn't Championship standard now. Had he been, Leeds wouldn't have let him go and some other Championship club would have snapped him up. Chedwyn didn't pull many trees up the last time he was at this level, and that's over half a decade ago. Wilder's a good manager, but the quality isn't there. How they finish will depend upon what they do in January, as I think they'll be struggling by then.

2 hours ago, Suzuki_San said:

How can you compare one players last two seasons, but not the others?!!

Why are you comparing only Championship figures, and ignoring Snodgrass's Premiership stats? You can't cherry pick noncomparable numbers and compare them to make an argument. 

I did it over Snodgrass's three seasons because he missed so many matches injured. But here you are, over the last two seasons.

Snodgrass 

Matches 62

Goals 11

Assists 11

Age 30

Reach

Matches 80

Goals 8

Assists 7

Age 24

But Snodgrass played 24 of his in the Prem, so is indisputably the better player. 

21 hours ago, Jarvy said:

I genuinely think they might finish about 10th-12th. They have a great team spirit, a good historic stadium and they've got a point to prove. They also have some reasonable quality players and a Championship level striker in Billy Sharp. And to be honest, as long as they finish below us I'd be pleased for them. It's good for the city, and for football and for our rivalry.

I know I'll get negged for saying that but you've got to give credit where credit's due, even if it's to United.

Team spirit - agreed.

Good, historic stadium - not sure how that will be a positive. Surely 20,000 inside Bramall Lane with stupidly high expectations will be a negative if United aren't winning games?

Reasonable quality players - Stearman is a solid signing for a team trying to establish themselves in the Championship. Fleck may have the quality to make the step up. Apparently O'Connell is decent (never seen him!), now I've run out of names...

Billy Sharp - was a Championship quality striker, 6 years ago. Last time he played at this level, he got 5 in 33 I think. If he manages 15 goals, he'll have had a great season. Don't see any other United player getting double figures.

I'd rather we never played United again, though I do enjoy it when we face each other.