Almen Abdi

I don't get it.

He did absolutely nothing in the rare times he was fit. The stuff about him being our best player and to build a team around him ? Madness. It is like saying build a team around david jones or Liam palmer.  

1 minute ago, mcmigo said:

I don't get it.

He did absolutely nothing in the rare times he was fit. The stuff about him being our best player and to build a team around him ? Madness. It is like saying build a team around david jones or Liam palmer.  

You didn't go to Forest last season.  UTO 

2 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

I don't get it.

Abdi has the talent and ability, we just haven't seen the best of him yet. Maybe we never will but he's proved his quality in the past. It's down to the manager to harness Abdis talent. 

8 minutes ago, kevtheowl said:

You didn't go to Forest last season.  UTO 

I did. Abdi had an outstanding game.

But it stands out because it was his only terrific game for us.

He might still shine hopefully, but for whatever reasons, he was poor last season.

14 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

I don't get it.

It's not really is it.

17 hours ago, Blue and white said:

If and its a big if we line up with a 352, then would Forestieri/ Abdi not be better used behind the front 2 and leaving the wing back/ wingers to Reach, Boyd, Wallace and potentially Snodgrass.

3-5-2 is what I'd like to see, I don't think we have the full backs to play a 4-4-2 and create enough chances:

Lees, Loovens, Hutchinson / CB in on transfer at the back.

Reach, Wallace, Boyd, Hunt, Pudil, and Fox playing deeper on the flanks, churning and helping out in defence

Bannan, Hutchinson, Lee, Jones playing deeper in midfield, with Abdi or Forestieri playing further forward and with some license for creativity.

Fletcher, Hooper, Winnall, Forestieri, Rhodes as the options available up top.

Ideal XI:

Forestieri   |   Hooper

Abdi

Boyd   |   Bannan   |    Hutchinson   |   Wallace

Lees   |   Loovens   |  Transfer-CB

Westwood

Realistically though, it seems we'll be coming out in a 4-4-2.

1 hour ago, chizumgeorge said:

What do you base that on!? One good game against forest or the half a dozen dire ones he had?

Erm, because he a class player.

He doesnt have a moderate season where he was pretty much injured the large part of it and then everything he did before just gets forgotten. Watford loved him. 'The magician' they called him and most believed he was a better overall player than forestieiri. 

And thats legit. Im only stating facts

If we get a solid ball playing centre back and add some pace into the team at full back and/or the wing. We will have the less of a need for deep midfielders. He will fit in better and we will see more of Abdi this season. A fit Abdi will be like a new signing and I reckon he will become a key player for us this season.

Edited by Mr. Wednesday

I liked the Abdi signing. He showed glimpses in the final third of how good he is.

Is he good enough off the ball in centre mid? No, not the way we play. 

Is he good enough to be first choice wide? No.

So I don't see him being central to our plans. Unless CC changes our entire game plan.

13 hours ago, mcmigo said:

I don't get it.

Look him up on youtube.

We seem to not see best from a lot of players.

They can be the best players at their last club but come to Wednesday and never hit those heights again.

It's happened quite a lot over the years.

I'm sure abdi is as good as Watford fans say he is. I hope we get to see it.

Edited by Eightace

4 hours ago, Indoor Owl said:

3-5-2 is what I'd like to see, I don't think we have the full backs to play a 4-4-2 and create enough chances:

Reach, Wallace, Boyd, Hunt, Pudil, and Fox playing deeper on the flanks, churning and helping out in defence

Bannan, Hutchinson, Lee, Jones playing deeper in midfield, with Abdi or Forestieri playing further forward and with some license for creativity.

Ideal XI:

Forestieri   |   Hooper

Abdi

Westwood

Westwood

3 cbs 

New cb

Hutch - to carry the ball forward and to play long balls if available. He could even step into midfield to release bannan to go further forward. Key role and he is the perfect player for it.

Lees

Lwb reach

Rwb boyd

Both got immense engines to be up and down those flanks all day.

Deep lying playmaker - bannan - good engine, good technically. Got an eye for a pass. 

Attacking mids - abdi and Lee (could Forestieri play as an acm?) Lee could drop back with bannan to shore things up if needed. 

Hooper and Rhodes up top. Abdi feeding thru balls and Lee running past them both to cause havoc. Plus crosses from our wide men.

Easy this management lark. 

7 hours ago, benni8 said:

Erm, because he a class player.

He doesnt have a moderate season where he was pretty much injured the large part of it and then everything he did before just gets forgotten. Watford loved him. 'The magician' they called him and most believed he was a better overall player than forestieiri. 

And thats legit. Im only stating facts

They called him the maestro because he made everything work and everything went through him.

He is held in very high regard by Watford fans and they rated him very very highly.

9 hours ago, Indoor Owl said:

Ideal XI:

Forestieri   |   Hooper

Abdi

Westwood

I think you're underestimating the work involved in changing formation from 4 at the back to three.

Further upfield the shape is more reliant on the actual players in terms of their natural positioning game like Hooper vs Rhodes etc. So naturally the shape is more fluid anyway based on who is on the pitch.

Changing the base  (defrnce) means changing your safety net off the ball, as well as your tactics with it. Going to three at the back would mean accepting some early mistakes / defeats and we really can't afford to give away an early advantage to our rivals.

I may be totally off the mark also!

20 hours ago, Holmowl said:

I did. Abdi had an outstanding game.

But it stands out because it was his only terrific game for us.

He might still shine hopefully, but for whatever reasons, he was poor last season.

Poor?  

Injured, played out of position, snubbed in favour of a CC favourite....  But never poor.

10 hours ago, Indoor Owl said:

Ideal XI:

Forestieri   |   Hooper

Abdi

Westwood

I think it's asking a lot of a 31 and a 32 year old to be playing wing back