Snodgrass

Although ideally I would love us to sign Jota or Tom Lawrence, a player like Robert Snodgrass or Tom Ince, even at that price, would be the type of signing a serious top 2 challenger at this level would make. At this level Snodgrass is a very good player. Those are the types of players that will improve us, and the types of players we need to go after if we're seriously going for top 2. We need more creativity and goals, players like Snodgrass; Ince, Jota or Lawrence, would give us more assists, creativity and goals.

His wages will be very, very high so is he as good as we can get for that sort of money? I don't think so. Lawrence would be a cheaper option and possibly as good. Mahoney at Blackburn is out of contract and we have also been linked with him. Macmanaman would probably cost a couple of million but didn't really get a fair amount of game time so I suppose he's not on our radar now.

IMO it would be better to spend 10 million on a CB and a good midfielder suck as Irvine rather than on one player.

21 minutes ago, Lomas613 said:

With bannan Rhodes and fletch all being part of owls and Scottish squad could this sway his move to us considering they can put in good word etc for us 

Potentially 7 Scots in our starting line up.

WASAW ?

Fletcher    Rhodes

Wallace   Bannan  Abdi  Snodgrass

Pudil     Hanley   Lees   Palmer 

Westwood 

4 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Potentially 7 Scots in our starting line up.

WASAW ?

Fletcher    Rhodes

Wallace   Bannan  Abdi  Snodgrass

Pudil     Hanley   Lees   Palmer 

Westwood 

Carlos out. Strachan In! 

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Not for me, good delivery, but not much else Well not for that type of money anyway

We lack a good delivery.

More creativity and better service, 

and we'd probably score more goals.

As others have said, for that price and wages, it would be a no buying that's the sort of player we're going for, then yes because he's quality for this level and would improve us. My reservation would be that we need to strengthen other areas of the team too.

Although he's the type of player we need to go for to challenge top 2. But will we still be able to bring in quality in other areas? If we can afford it, then yes but there are probably cheaper options out there, that could improve us too. But let's not kid ourselves, he's the type of quality that would improve us.

Edited by Milan Missing Marble

He's a very good player - think he could play at most clubs from around 8th down in the premier - no chance of him signing.