Snodgrass

For £10 million you could find a real gem of a player elsewhere in the world. Probably better than Snodgrass and on much less in the way of wages.

Surely Carlos knows of a few as he has managed all over the place.

Saying that, I agree that Snodgrass is the type of player that would improve us if we are serious about getting autos. 

Its no good getting Championship standard also-rans, we need the best of the best in this league.

2 minutes ago, trev said:

For £10 million you could find a real gem of a player elsewhere in the world. Probably better than Snodgrass and on much less in the way of wages.

Surely Carlos knows of a few as he has managed all over the place.

Saying that, I agree that Snodgrass is the type of player that would improve us if we are serious about getting autos. 

Its no good getting Championship standard also-rans, we need the best of the best in this league.

Yep in my opinion the defender and winger we sign need to have the potential to be named in team of the year at the end of the season. That's how big an impact they need to have on our team and in the league for us to be successful 

So I'd be disappointed if our winger signing is another Buckley on loan type player 

2 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Potentially 7 Scots in our starting line up.

WASAW ?

Fletcher    Rhodes

Wallace   Bannan  Abdi  Snodgrass

Pudil     Hanley   Lees   Palmer 

Westwood 

I couldn't help noticing that the Scotland shirts looked very similar to our new ones next year, blue with white sleeves. It does indeed smack of a Scottish takeover. Scary!

Guest RocketOwl
17 hours ago, Lomas613 said:

10mil buy he might not want champ footie but could we persuade him.?

Swap for Rhodes?

Guest RocketOwl
Just now, The Dukeries Owl said:

After half a season with us JR's market value is now probably 3 million at best :columbo:

Would have rather spent 10m on a player like Snodgrass :-(