1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

I think had Huddersfield or Reading played like a Prem side in waiting, I could shrug and tell myself we were not quite good enough and that they deserved it.

But unfortunately, as we already knew, neither team were very good, and we threw away the golden ticket.

66% of you have moved on. That is a credit to you. I've failed to do so. Still a little bitter. It is interesting though that so many of you 66% are saying things like 

Want to see a return to Carlos's 15/16 style

Want Carlos braver next year

Want Carlos to play 2 CMs and stop shoe-horning 3 in

Carlos has to play FF left with two proper strikers

All the things that so many have been saying this year, you trust/believe/wish will suddenly happen from early August. 

I and all the 33% do have to move on, and we will of course. It's a long summer and we will eagerly await the kick-off and eagerly get behind Carlos and the starting Xl that day. 

I hope so so much that you are right, and that Carlos will change.

There is a genuine fear he won't change.

If you you don't change for the 2 biggest games of the season vs an average Huddersfield, when do you ? Most of us could see the dream going down the toilet, the tv commentators could see it, neutral fans could see it, and the opposition could see it. 

Carlos seemingly couldn't.

14 hours ago, stanningtonowl said:

Carlos is here for another year. Nothing we can do about it. Support him and see what happens. Signings and sales will be guide to his plans. We'll tell by the end of August if we are in for another turgid fest.

He's a football manager, I think what you meant is he's got a 1 year contract. 

6 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

If you you don't change for the 2 biggest games of the season vs an average Huddersfield, when do you ? Most of us could see the dream going down the toilet, the tv commentators could see it, neutral fans could see it, and the opposition could see it. 

I know.

He sees that team and that approach as our best. 

I think it will be our team and approach early season. The names will change here and there, but I believe 97 Championship games are enough to know his preferred approach.

Edited by Holmowl

6 hours ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

lollollollol

Nuhiu is utterly useless and needs chucking on the compost pile

So explain why your hero CC brought him on with 10 minutes to play against Udders and desperately needing a goal...and left Winnall warming the bench. 

16 hours ago, BobsMagicCalculator said:

There was a recent poll on here that had 66% wanting Carlos to stay and 33% wanting Carlos to leave.  After watching most of this rather drab play off final between two average sides, why the LOVE FEST for our current manager? Irrespective of whether we manage promotion next season, we have missed (well in my 44 year lifetime) the best opportunity to get promotion to the top division.  Unless he changes our YAWNSVILLE style of playing surely we're going to miss out again, because next year won't be so forgiving as this year.

Brighton stuck with their manager and for good reason, they narrowly missed out on automatic promotion and they absolutely battered us in the second leg at home and to be fair they could have been 4 up at half time.  We could have played till midnight against UDDERS and not scored in our home leg.  

I hope I'm wrong (I usually am) but unless we do something completely different in terms of set up and tactics next season I fear we will under achieve.  Just want to ask the 66% why they are so positive Carlos is the right choice... 

Numpty - it finished 1-1..

9 hours ago, Carbone said:

Just a general point to everybody who wants a new manager - Do you ever for one minute, whilst thinking how much our manager has let us down, think that the players out there on the pitch may have possibly let us down too and should be more deserving of criticism? Ever thought that it's Carlos' job to get the players in the best possible positions to score goals, but he can't score for them himself? I accept the argument that might say he should have picked different players, but still we should highlight that and not criticise his tactics - tactics that did lead to very good chances for us????? 

The manager picks them - his responsibility - I accept that, but when you are one on one with the keeper, who is more responsible, Carlos or Forestieri (for example)? I wish people would consider that more. 

I accept that I will probably never win, because the media chooses to focus all the attention on managers, and naturally that is what we all do too :ph34r:

Indeed, think of the big misses this season at key moments. 

1 hour ago, Almat said:

So explain why your hero CC brought him on with 10 minutes to play against Udders and desperately needing a goal...and left Winnall warming the bench. 

Id have preferred Winnall on earlier. But CC explained that he left the sub late due to Kieren Lee's match fitness and by that late stage we were launching the ball up the pitch. I think it made sense to try and make it stick and feed off it or try and nick a set piece. We even got a dangerous free kick and chipped it straight to the keeper 

1 hour ago, Almat said:

I have no answer for that. WTF:

Maybe he reads this site and thinks Eeyore has summat?   We'd have been better playing George instead of Nuhiu this season, he'd have actually scored 

11 hours ago, BobsMagicCalculator said:

Statistically you could say YES we have, but for those that go week in week out it would have to be a NO.  It's been a strange year, alll the sides we expected to be up there had problems and for some reason fell away, Norwich, Villa, Derby etc.  Take out FF we dont have one player that can carry the ball or can BEAT a man for pace and skill.  Therein that lies with the management and recruitment, we pay through the NOSE to watch good quality football, can any of us say thats been a brilliant season to watch, to enjoy like the season preceding that? I dont think so....

There you go again.  The self appointed spokesman for the entire fan base. 

This season we have not had the same spirit as last, CC has struggled to manage some of the big egos and together with some poor decisions we have under achieved, we have no pace out wide and no midfield muscle apart from Hutch but we cant always rely on him due to injury or suspension, full backs have been hit and miss so need at least one more of real quality and one center half so all in all some wholesale changes needed imo.

2 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

I'd be surprised if he does change. We don't have to improve massively points wise and if we bring in 3/4 genuine first team contenders and get better luck with injuries to key men that could be enough. Or at least I think that's the way Carlos will see it.

Another wasted year. It's going to be more of the same. 66 percent accept it but that isn't to say they aren't as concerned as we are. This isn't going to set us back one year there's a very real chance it's going to set us back two years at least. We're dependent on individuals because our tactics are recruitment are poo and have been for a very long time and we're not making any changes. It's been two years and we haven't competed for automatic and pissed away a fortune.  All this vague talk of progression... what progression? The league position hides the reality that we were 12 points adrift of second place and most of the real competition never turned up and spent the year in transition having wrote last season off early. The likes of Reading and Leeds will be adrift of playoffs next year because they are absolute pony and like us were in a bit of a false position.

Derby, Norwich and Villa on their day really are on another level to this years playoff shuffle. Sunderland are the only relegated team who aren't a threat next year because they are months away from administration and need a complete rebuild. Birmingham City, Wolves and Cardiff all have more money than we do and could be 'surprise' packages along with Fulham. I know the onus is on us to support the manager and team through it all but the championship is going to be even harder than it was the year before and I hope I'm wrong but I can see Carlos's tactics and our lack of progress laid bare next year and I can see them lot having a season like Barnsley which would really rankle given our prices are probably going up again.

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

I think had Huddersfield or Reading played like a Prem side in waiting, I could shrug and tell myself we were not quite good enough and that they deserved it.

But unfortunately, as we already knew, neither team were very good, and we threw away the golden ticket.

66% of you have moved on. That is a credit to you. I've failed to do so. Still a little bitter. It is interesting though that so many of you 66% are saying things like 

Want to see a return to Carlos's 15/16 style

Want Carlos braver next year

Want Carlos to play 2 CMs and stop shoe-horning 3 in

Carlos has to play FF left with two proper strikers

All the things that so many have been saying this year, you trust/believe/wish will suddenly happen from early August. 

I and all the 33% do have to move on, and we will of course. It's a long summer and we will eagerly await the kick-off and eagerly get behind Carlos and the starting Xl that day. 

I hope so so much that you are right, and that Carlos will change.

Cant argue with a word of that fella.

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

Think that is a real possibility. The crowd will be very demanding next season and we will have to be in contention for automatic places to keep them onside.

To be in with a chance of Automatic we ideally should be around the 40 point mark after 20 games. Just can't see it no matter how much I try.