2 minutes ago, parkerowl said:

No I like it when things are going well. Are you daft or something ?

OK. 

So you only want to watch us when you are enjoying it. And you only enjoy it when things are going well.

But you don't only support us when things are going well.

Glad we've cleared that up.

:columbo:

Guest ka58
On 29/05/2017 at 16:56, BobsMagicCalculator said:

There was a recent poll on here that had 66% wanting Carlos to stay and 33% wanting Carlos to leave.  After watching most of this rather drab play off final between two average sides, why the LOVE FEST for our current manager? Irrespective of whether we manage promotion next season, we have missed (well in my 44 year lifetime) the best opportunity to get promotion to the top division.  Unless he changes our YAWNSVILLE style of playing surely we're going to miss out again, because next year won't be so forgiving as this year.

Brighton stuck with their manager and for good reason, they narrowly missed out on automatic promotion and they absolutely battered us in the second leg at home and to be fair they could have been 4 up at half time.  We could have played till midnight against UDDERS and not scored in our home leg.  

I hope I'm wrong (I usually am) but unless we do something completely different in terms of set up and tactics next season I fear we will under achieve.  Just want to ask the 66% why they are so positive Carlos is the right choice... 

My reason is he's been here 2 seasons.

we finished 6th in the first season and 4th in the second.

the whole "negative" football thing this season actually saw us increase our points total and league position.

we are going forwards not backwards. If we start going backwards that might change my view but that's not currently happening.

On 29/05/2017 at 17:06, Mr Farrell said:

Spot on.

Amazing chance to go up this season, totally blown by our Manager.

We have the largest Apologist fanbase of any club, who seem to revel in underachieving. Whether it be Dave Allen or Dave Jones, it's accepted by the 66%.

An average Huddersfield team, with a minute budget, have flown from relegation candidates to Play off final.

You have been given an extra season Carlos. Don't blow it again.

My feelings entirely 

I wasn't exactly delighted when he got his new deal last week

IMO he's been very fortunate that he inherited a very strong spine (Westwood, Lees, Loovens, Hutchinson, Lee) from Stuart Gray. The only part that was missing was the firepower, which has been provided by DC, but CC simply hasn't got the best out of them

1 minute ago, Stoop said:

My feelings entirely 

I wasn't exactly delighted when he got his new deal last week

IMO he's been very fortunate that he inherited a very strong spine (Westwood, Lees, Loovens, Hutchinson, Lee) from Stuart Gray. The only part that was missing was the firepower, which has been provided by DC, but CC simply hasn't got the best out of them

Think he had a dream opening season then found it hard to cope with the success, high expectations and big egos of some of the players this season, will he cope this time around? Remains to be seen but he will have to improve all round and the pressure is on

Guest ka58
33 minutes ago, debram said:

Think he had a dream opening season then found it hard to cope with the success, high expectations and big egos of some of the players this season, will he cope this time around? Remains to be seen but he will have to improve all round and the pressure is on

But he did better than his dream opening season?

by the sounds of it the only way he could have been deemed a success is if he took a side up in 2 years. That's a high bar.

people might say Wagner did it but for a bit of luck he could have last season.

the end of next season is a more reasonable measure.

1 minute ago, ka58 said:

But he did better than his dream opening season?

by the sounds of it the only way he could have been deemed a success is if he took a side up in 2 years. That's a high bar.

people might say Wagner did it but for a bit of luck he could have last season.

the end of next season is a more reasonable measure.

End of next season will do me fine

On 29 May 2017 at 17:43, BobsMagicCalculator said:

I hope you are right, but given this man has never stuck around for very long in jobs and he has HIS philosophy on how to play the game, I can't seem him changing the playing style this long into the tenure.  I hope I'm wrong I really do.

Wum.

46 minutes ago, debram said:

what big ego's as he found it hard to cope with ?.....carlos has his faults but dealing with players ego's isn't one of them .

Just now, torryowl said:

what big ego's as he found it hard to cope with ?.....carlos has his faults but dealing with players ego's isn't one of them .

Well something wasn't right with team spirit this year, money is the root of all evil, loads of reasons but we didnt hit it off

Guest ka58
3 minutes ago, torryowl said:

They roundly supported him staying according to reports.

as well they might given that a new manager would most likely want a few of his own players in and might well put us back a year whilst they build their own side and playing style.

3 minutes ago, debram said:

Well something wasn't right with team spirit this year, money is the root of all evil, loads of reasons but we didnt hit it off

we didn't play as well as his 1st season but I didn't see anything to suggest that the team spirit was lacking .....the players gave there all from what i saw and never gave up which is probably why we scored so many last minute goals .sides that have a poor spirit tend not to do that ........the only thing wrong this season as been carlos choosing the cautious option with how we played .

10 hours ago, markowl said:

What absolute 24 carat garbage.

Ok fair comment but whats your explanation for the under par performances particularly in the semis and top players such as ff and jr not living up to expectations

2 hours ago, debram said:

Ok fair comment but whats your explanation for the under par performances particularly in the semis and top players such as ff and jr not living up to expectations

I don't think either have been anything near 100% fit  for the run in.

Unfortunately Hooper's injury meant that one of them had to start when Hooper would have been first  name on the team sheet If he was fit.

1 hour ago, markowl said:

I don't think either have been anything near 100% fit  for the run in.

Unfortunately Hooper's injury meant that one of them had to start when Hooper would have been first  name on the team sheet If he was fit.

Yep Hooper could have been the key, hope he can be relatively injury free next season