1 minute ago, BobsMagicCalculator said:

What worries me is the style of football, if I can figure out how we are going to set up surely anyone can?

I think it is hard to disagree with this.

We were so slow and predictable in our build up and it made it really easy for teams to get players back behind the ball. It's always difficult breaking down an 11 man defence. We need to go forward quicker and with more purpose, but one of the problems is that we have no player with real pace who can run at defenders.

Guest Kameron
1 minute ago, Sham67 said:

Hooper's injury.  But you knew that.

A big miss but we had cover, Carlos chose not to use it.

1 minute ago, Daz said:

I think it is hard to disagree with this.

We were so slow and predictable in our build up and it made it really easy for teams to get players back behind the ball. It's always difficult breaking down an 11 man defence. We need to go forward quicker and with more purpose, but one of the problems is that we have no player with real pace who can run at defenders.

Daz, two neutral fans I know watched us this season and said exactly that, we moved the ball far too slow and barring Forestieri had no one who could unlock a defence.

Just now, Kameron said:

A big miss but we had cover, Carlos chose not to use it.

Who would that be?  Serious question, because imo we only have one player in our squad who could have and he was injured.

3 minutes ago, BobsMagicCalculator said:

Daz, two neutral fans I know watched us this season and said exactly that, we moved the ball far too slow and barring Forestieri had no one who could unlock a defence.

How the flying f*ck did we get 81 points ?

6 minutes ago, Tyto Alba said:

We'll be in the playoffs again and this time we'll have to beat Sunderland or Villa or Fulham or Middlesborough etc.  We lost tactically against Huddersfield while having better players than them.

This

1 hour ago, BobsMagicCalculator said:

Why is this fishing?  I am asking a question with NO ANSWERS so far

Simply because he's improved us both seasons - Mid Table to 6th then 6th to 4th so keep that up and we have a 66% chance of finishing in the top 2.

Just now, coopswfc76 said:

Simply because he's improved us both seasons - Mid Table to 6th then 6th to 4th so keep that up and we have a 66% chance of finishing in the top 2.

This really is pretty irrelevant tbh.  Derby wont be bothered that they have regressed this last season, Villa the same.  Norwich wont care last season they have under achieved.

1 minute ago, BobsMagicCalculator said:

I'm a fat old man, but even I could defend against a team which takes 5 minutes to get the ball past the half way line. OK, an exaggeration but any professional football team would love not having to bust a gut to get back and defend.

CC really needs to address that next season, but getting some pace in our recruitment strategy is going to be essential, along with a system in which the players are moving and not static. We were hardly supporting the man with the ball and running into space last season, as if they'd been told not to commit in an attacking sense. It was glaring in both games v Huddersfield.

21 minutes ago, Thorpski said:

If you really don't think that Carlos's tactics in the Semi finals had no part in the reason we were not in this final then you are completely delusional !

If I really said that then you might have a point.

Just now, Daz said:

I'm a fat old man, but even I could defend against a team which takes 5 minutes to get the ball past the half way line. OK, an exaggeration but any professional football team would love not having to bust a gut to get back and defend.

CC really needs to address that next season, but getting some pace in our recruitment strategy is going to be essential, along with a system in which the players are moving and not static. We were hardly supporting the man with the ball and running into space last season, as if they'd been told not to commit in an attacking sense. It was glaring in both games v Huddersfield.

The home game against UDDERS for me was so disappointing.  CC was co concerned with not losing and that for me is just below the line of unforgivable.  The substitutions were wrong but then as we came to expect 2-1 up at QPR and Semedo coming on with 20 minutes, yes 20 minutes against a team there for the taking.  He's managed like a man undr pressure this season, so if he felt it this year, whats it going to be like next year with EXPECTATION at the absolute MAXIMUM.  Personally I dont see this ending well.