4 minutes ago, oldtawnyowl said:

So now we get to the root of the problem.

Now we know why you've spit the dummy out.

YOU LUMPED ON WEDNESDAY TO GET PROMOTED DIDN'T YOU.?lol

No, edges on football are a small %, I could not make a living betting on football, I bet on horses solely. 

4 hours ago, BobsMagicCalculator said:

There was a recent poll on here that had 66% wanting Carlos to stay and 33% wanting Carlos to leave.  After watching most of this rather drab play off final between two average sides, why the LOVE FEST for our current manager? Irrespective of whether we manage promotion next season, we have missed (well in my 44 year lifetime) the best opportunity to get promotion to the top division.  Unless he changes our YAWNSVILLE style of playing surely we're going to miss out again, because next year won't be so forgiving as this year.

Brighton stuck with their manager and for good reason, they narrowly missed out on automatic promotion and they absolutely battered us in the second leg at home and to be fair they could have been 4 up at half time.  We could have played till midnight against UDDERS and not scored in our home leg.  

I hope I'm wrong (I usually am) but unless we do something completely different in terms of set up and tactics next season I fear we will under achieve.  Just want to ask the 66% why they are so positive Carlos is the right choice... 

i'm with you pal,this season was one big yawnfest and i don't get the love-in either. i'm all for stability but i'm unconvinced by carlos, we were (relatively) given a free pass to the PL but carlos was too negative to take it and didn't set out to win the semi- he set us u not to lose it .... which we managed with style! well done udders , you had a style and framework ... we didn't

Our performances in the playoffs confirmed to me that Carlos cannot take us to the next level. 

I'll be behind the lads from the off next season but my view on the above isn't going to change unless he makes major changes to address our shortcomings. I'm not convinced he has the ability to do so although I hope I'm proven wrong. 

3 hours ago, Daz said:

I think it is hard to disagree with this.

We were so slow and predictable in our build up and it made it really easy for teams to get players back behind the ball. It's always difficult breaking down an 11 man defence. We need to go forward quicker and with more purpose, but one of the problems is that we have no player with real pace who can run at defenders.

Yes we do, we have a young lad plays for development on the left and can zip past 3 or 4 players with ease.

But ofcourse he needs to go out on loan for the next 10 years before he would get a place on our subs bench..

" yawnsville"football works hudders have proved that .us, reading and  hudders the 3 most well drilled sides in the boring way of playing football at this level ... .hudders  went up with a negative goal difference but I doubt there fans are too bothered about that .....it's not pretty but it's worked for them and if two penalties had gone for us it would probably have worked for us and carlos would be revered but they didn't so he's a clown .....fine lines

3 hours ago, Tyto Alba said:

We'll be in the playoffs again and this time we'll have to beat Sunderland or Villa or Fulham or Middlesborough etc.  We lost tactically against Huddersfield while having better players than them.

Carlos was scared to death by Huddersfield.

Can you imagine he will be any more positive if we come up against Villa, Boro or Sunderland next May?

So unbelievably disappointed we went out with a whimper against an ordinary side. 

4 minutes ago, torryowl said:

" yawnsville"football works hudders have proved that .us, reading and  hudders the 3 most well drilled sides in the boring way of playing football at this level ... .hudders  went up with a negative goal difference but I doubt there fans are too bothered about that .....it's not pretty but it's worked for them and if two penalties had gone for us it would probably have worked for us and carlos would be revered but they didn't so he's a clown .....fine lines

Carlos is a far from a clown, good manager that has got it quite badly wrong in terms of playing style and negative tactics this season, which have cost the club.  That's why I question why he gets another year at it having already had massive investment.

Carlos is understandably under pressure atm. The approach in the play-offs is rightly attracting critisicm. He does though IMO deserve another chance to manage us for another season as he has in general taken us forward over the last two seasons. Yes there are question marks whether he his flexible enough or bold enough to finally take us to the premier league but it would be as much a gamble appointing a new head coach if not more so than sticking with Carlos IMO. Hopefully Carlos can get the right players in, the right balance with regards to the formation and tactics and we can have a right crack at finishing in the Top 2?

5 minutes ago, Thewaynesday said:

Because we have achieved in the pitch improvementfor two successive seasons ?

Statistically you could say YES we have, but for those that go week in week out it would have to be a NO.  It's been a strange year, alll the sides we expected to be up there had problems and for some reason fell away, Norwich, Villa, Derby etc.  Take out FF we dont have one player that can carry the ball or can BEAT a man for pace and skill.  Therein that lies with the management and recruitment, we pay through the NOSE to watch good quality football, can any of us say thats been a brilliant season to watch, to enjoy like the season preceding that? I dont think so....

Edited by BobsMagicCalculator

3 minutes ago, BobsMagicCalculator said:

Carlos is a far from a clown, good manager that has got it quite badly wrong in terms of playing style and negative tactics this season, which have cost the club.  That's why I question why he gets another year at it having already had massive investment.

you've answered your own question ... you think he's a good manager and it seems chansiri agrees with you which you'd think is why he got a new contract .