24 minutes ago, ZIMMY said:

Because most are a just a bunch of Pacifists who have influenced the Chairman, into keeping this "Serial Loser" who still has not learned from his continuous mistakes, and will make the same ones next season, and all the Pacifists will change their tune and say, "Well i wanted to keep him last season, but he has to go now as we have failed again" and it will be to little to late!!!!!.   DAVID WAGNER SHOESTRING BUDGET DID HUDDERSFIELD GET PROMOTION?.     

Carlos is  a serial loser lol

wtf does this make you in life then shall I get the Bus timetable out as if he's a serial loser there's probably no point you carrying on full stop as I bet you have achieved roger all in your career compared to him.

FFS we have some complete bell ends supposedly supporting us.

13 minutes ago, BobsMagicCalculator said:

This really is pretty irrelevant tbh.  Derby wont be bothered that they have regressed this last season, Villa the same.  Norwich wont care last season they have under achieved.

hahahahahaha

Everything is irrelevant then so why start this thread?

Initially I was kinda neutral about Carlos getting a new contract because I like him, but as time has passed I feel he should have been sacked for his p*ss poor tactics and blowing the playoffs.  But I suppose we will have to get behind him now.

Edited by Tyto Alba

1 minute ago, Sham67 said:

What 27 games?

Everyone after Barnsley though, some long faces that day.  You'd have to be INANE to get 1 supporter that day to say we'd win the next six.  Thats the glorious uncertainty of football. One thing is certain though if we end up playing the same faces next season with the same set up there is no promotion party.

Guest Kameron
3 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Who would that be?  Serious question, because imo we only have one player in our squad who could have and he was injured.

Again i agree, we have no one else who can do what Hooper does but was there really a need to go so negative, we were playing Huddersfield not Barcelona, we battered Newcastle at St James park with almost an identical line up, Lee was injured and Palmer played instead of Hunt.  What was wrong with FF on the left, Rhodes and Fletcther up front, why no Buckley or McManaman named on the bench, one needed to cover Wallace and bringing on Nuhiu is indefensible.

NEWCASTLE V SWFC.PNG

SWFC V HUDD.PNG

Just now, BobsMagicCalculator said:

Everyone after Barnsley though, some long faces that day.  You'd have to be INANE to get 1 supporter that day to say we'd win the next six.  Thats the glorious uncertainty of football. One thing is certain though if we end up playing the same faces next season with the same set up there is no promotion party.

Small margins though isn't it.  If Hooper had been fit, we'd all be dancing in the fountains in Trafalgar Sq. now.  

Just now, Sham67 said:

Small margins though isn't it.  If Hooper had been fit, we'd all be dancing in the fountains in Trafalgar Sq. now.  

Thats the thing though, with the resources he had available, it should not have come down to one player.  Not ONE Owls supporter would have said at the start of last season that Gary Hooper was the key player.

1 minute ago, Kameron said:

Again i agree, we have no one else who can do what Hooper does but was there really a need to go so negative, we were playing Huddersfield not Barcelona, we battered Newcastle at St James park with almost an identical line up, Lee was injured and Palmer played instead of Hunt.  What was wrong with FF on the left, Rhodes and Fletcther up front, why no Buckley or McManaman named on the bench, one needed to cover Wallace and bringing on Nuhiu is indefensible.

NEWCASTLE V SWFC.PNG

SWFC V HUDD.PNG

I thought McManaman was injured.  Not sure about Buckley.

2 minutes ago, BobsMagicCalculator said:

Thats the thing though, with the resources he had available, it should not have come down to one player.  Not ONE Owls supporter would have said at the start of last season that Gary Hooper was the key player.

Big claim to make.  Who made you spokesman for the entire fan base.

Guest Kameron
5 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

I thought McManaman was injured.  Not sure about Buckley.

Almost identical starting line ups sent out to play in two very different ways.  

1 hour ago, ANDY said:

so will you be boo-ing Carlos from the kick off next season or are you willing to give him another crack at it ?

If we start the first match with Wallace, Lee, Bannan and Hutch across midfield I'll be booing. You won't  be able to hear the rest of the crowd sing "Hi ho..." for me booing if that's the case.

Bizarrely ,I think replacing Loovens is the key . This season he's been like a magnet - every time we had opportunity to move forward it went back to him . Time after time he just stood with the ball . Probably players followed instruction about this , but you only have to look at the games Sasso played , and although he may not be the worlds best defender , the pattern of play changed and he even carried the ball forward at times . Without Loovens , the gameplan will have to change next season ?

2 minutes ago, alan48 said:

Bizarrely ,I think replacing Loovens is the key . This season he's been like a magnet - every time we had opportunity to move forward it went back to him . Time after time he just stood with the ball . Probably players followed instruction about this , but you only have to look at the games Sasso played , and although he may not be the worlds best defender , the pattern of play changed and he even carried the ball forward at times . Without Loovens , the gameplan will have to change next season ?

Alan don't think your miles out there.  We lacked a 'ball carrier' through the middle and wide areas, not one player we had was capable of a 'Carlton Palmer' style burst into the opposites half. 

29 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

If we start the first match with Wallace, Lee, Bannan and Hutch across midfield I'll be booing. You won't  be able to hear the rest of the crowd sing "Hi ho..." for me booing if that's the case.

If we start the season playing 442 I will be booing 

I think it's a reasonable question even if it might have been asked before.

I voted stay because he's not done a bad job and could turn that into a really good job if he can sort out a few things and be a bit bolder.

I'm not 100% sure he can but he deserves the chance.

3 hours ago, BobsMagicCalculator said:

That's my job, I bet for a living and at this moment in time I'm as USELESS as the psychics, I came here looking for INSPIRATION with no after timing, so far I am disapponted.

So now we get to the root of the problem.

Now we know why you've spit the dummy out.

YOU LUMPED ON WEDNESDAY TO GET PROMOTED DIDN'T YOU.?lol

Edited by oldtawnyowl