Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

You're right, we don't need to go mad We might though have ruled ourselves out of a possible lucrative avenue Many of our rivals used the loan system to bring in exciting youngsters, and it was those players who shone Our policy of only bringing in experienced pros, means we are unlikely to use that route, unless it's the likes of Buckley etc Those young talents can make a real impact, especially when we already have the experienced spine Think we're missing a trick

What happens when the "exciting youngsters" turn out to be dull and boring as is the majority outcome ? We only tend to hear about the success stories and for every one of those there are lots more that flop.

According to Sky Sports, Hull City are to make an improved bid for Cardiff City's Danish U21 striker Kenneth Zohore. However, the report doesn't say how much the first bid was or how much their improved bid will be. Yet, it quotes Neil Warnock at the end of the season, saying that he would only consider selling his best two players Kenneth Zohore and Sol Bamba for around £20million each. lol

7 minutes ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

According to Sky Sports, Hull City are to make an improved bid for Cardiff City's Danish U21 striker Kenneth Zohore. However, the report doesn't say how much the first bid was or how much their improved bid will be. Yet, it quotes Neil Warnock at the end of the season, saying that he would only consider selling his best two players Kenneth Zohore and Sol Bamba for around £20million each. lol

WTF: What's happening to the world...that's bloody mental!

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

Hmm. Reckon he'd do well there replacing Martin. I was hoping Joao would morph into a Cameron Jerome-type. Hasn't happened. 

He has the attributes to do it, which makes it doubly disappointing

1 minute ago, OughtibridgeOwl said:

Ince has signed for Huddersfield. Can't help but think we would be going for better quality players if we had made the premiership. 

I would be quite worried if I was a Huddersfield fan with their recruitment so far.

6 minutes ago, Owlinmad said:

I would be quite worried if I was a Huddersfield fan with their recruitment so far.

I mean they got promoted with half the budget of most teams in the league, no reason why they can't stay up.

Either way if they go down they're signing players who were class in the Championship.

23 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I mean they got promoted with half the budget of most teams in the league, no reason why they can't stay up.

Either way if they go down they're signing players who were class in the Championship.

Yes they're running their club properly.  Too many clubs in the past have massively over extended themselves chasing the dream and paid a high price. West Brom created a template a few seasons ago that sensible clubs are now following. 

42 minutes ago, Dagmeister said:

Yes they're running their club properly.  Too many clubs in the past have massively over extended themselves chasing the dream and paid a high price. West Brom created a template a few seasons ago that sensible clubs are now following. 

A sensible approach, which compares favourably with ours We must be heading towards £50m spent, with hardly any outgoings, and not many of those new arrivals would we get a return on. Ours has born more akin to a lottery winner, suddenly finding ourselves with money

38 minutes ago, Owlinmad said:

The problem for Hudderfield is as a club they are not an  attractive option for a player, regardless of whether they are paying competitive wages or not to players playing in the English top 2 tiers, I think you will see them recruiting from the German leagues over the Summer .