Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

1 hour ago, joelswfc said:

Bristol City reportedly want £4 million for Aden Flint. Technically not the best, but I'm not convinced we'd get much better than him for that price.

Bristol a City let in 66 goals last season.

If Flint is worth 4m his colleagues must have been dire.

36 minutes ago, camffiti said:

Flint could be going to the Prem anyway 

... Likely many players 'not good enough' for us 

I'll run bollocknaked round Hillsborough if Flint gets a PL move. 

As much as most think it's going to be a Keogh , flint , Hanley etc it's than likely to be someone who none of us were thinking of maybe ! Just to note who did we sign first last year  and what date ? Think it was Lachman around 24th/25th of June previous year 

11 minutes ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

For all the hype around Flint and Hanley etc, I would prefer Tommy Smith from Ipswich, their New Zealand International centre back. Decent player, good header of the ball, and doesn't shirk a tackle.

You wouldn't be short of offers, to drop him off at Hillsborough 

He always has a clanger, ready to drop

Chronic knee trouble since he was a teenager btw 

Edited by camffiti

13 minutes ago, camffiti said:

You wouldn't be short of offers, to drop him off at Hillsborough 

He always has a clanger, ready to drop

Chronic knee trouble since he was a teenager btw 

Yes there is a history, but if fit and I presume he is, as he has been on recent duty with New Zealand, would he be a better price option than others mentioned ??

Timmy Klosse from Norwich is another CB I think would be a good fit for us.

Newcastle forward Adam Armstrong is being lined up for a move back to the Championship, with Bolton Wanderers interested.

A report from the Newcastle Chronicle implies that the young striker is to be handed some experience elsewhere for the start of next season, with Bolton having expressed an interest.

27 minutes ago, LampsJnr said:

The one who has just signed a new deal with them? 

Contracts don't mean anything other than to pump the price of their valuation which might benefit someone if they know there player won't be short of offers 

Looking at many players but I'm told Cameron is high on list 

Just for comparison, in our return to the championship. The players that kept us in this division we're of a much higher quality than those currently at United.

Anthony Gardener 

Michail Antonio

Reda Johnson

Kieran Lee

Miguel Llera 

Chris Kirkland 

Jermaine Johnson 

Chris O'Grady

David Prutton

Lewis Buxton

Their in for soo many hidings it's unreal, they should be greatful to have a player like John Brayford with good experience in this league....instead they want rid lol

Edited by bigash_swfc

I think we'll 'splash' some cash for a top quality championship experienced CB first. Around the 5m price tag is my guess. I think we'll actually sign 2 CBs this summer, with the other being a cheaper (possibly free/loan) 3rd/4th choice. Had we kept Sasso I would have said only one CB. Looking at the rumours, my guesses for these will be Grant Hanley and Richard Keogh. I'd be reasonably happy with both. I'd be more disappointed if it was just Keogh by himself. 

We'll also be looking for a winger I'm sure. Now we all know we need a bit of pace on the flanks, however Carlos seems to sign pacey wide men then never play them. After spending big on a CB I don't think Carlos will be looking to sign an expensive winger, so it'll either be a good free transfer or a loan option. Oliver Burke on loan would be my bet, a good little player who would help us. If we could somehow tempt Newcastle to loan us Matt Ritchie that would be even better IMO.

People have been slating other rumoured options like George Boyd and Stewart Downing and I'm not sure why. Despite both being similar to Ross Wallace and not really solving our pace problems, they are better than Ross. We aren't gonna splash out on Jota, so a pacey loan (who actually plays) for the left side and then Boyd/Downing on a free as RM competition for Wallace would be outstanding business. 

Of course this is all my own opinion. Feel free to disagree and slate me all you want lol

Edited by Birley Owl 1867

33 minutes ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

Yes there is a history, but if fit and I presume he is, as he has been on recent duty with New Zealand, would he be a better price option than others mentioned ??

Timmy Klosse from Norwich is another CB I think would be a good fit for us.

Yeah, wouldnt cost too much, so tbf, he's a more realistic option than most mentioned 

He wasn't a first choice pick last season. But with Berra & Taylor leaving ITFC, Im not sure about next season  

... They'll probably start with Chambers & Webster 

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Can't say I've seen much of Klose, but he was all over the place against us at Hillsborough He was even losing out in headed duals with Rhodes

Any opportunity for the wrist spotted supreme.:duntmatter:

31 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Can't say I've seen much of Klose, but he was all over the place against us at Hillsborough He was even losing out in headed duals with Rhodes

He was a dirty bugger as well if I remember right

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

1 hour ago, Retford_Owl said:

Contracts don't mean anything other than to pump the price of their valuation which might benefit someone if they know there player won't be short of offers 

Looking at many players but I'm told Cameron is high on list 

A player that can play in many different positions, sounds like a CC type of player.