So Long, and Thanks for All the Tunafish

53 minutes ago, UTO1867 said:

So that’s that then, the season is over and my Sheffield Wednesday odyssey of 29 years has come to an end. I simply can’t justify the cost of 2 season tickets anymore as year 7 of austerity bites watching live football has changed from being a way of life in to an expensive luxury that we can no longer justify.

The uncertainty of the Wednesdayite car park also plays a part and although I understand the majority of the posters on here live in Sheffield and can’t see the problem with it vanishing I can assure you when you’re traveling a distances the uncertainty of a parking spot becomes a problem.

So you can't afford to come to the matches but you can afford the £120 to park right outside the door?  I also don't live in Sheffield, I also have an 'odyssey' of c30 years but have never paid for parking and have never not been able to park.  Absolutely no logic to your reasoning.

56 minutes ago, ViolaOwls said:

this chairman doesn't care about the economics of the working people of this part of the country.

Unfortunately that wont change, and whilst he's making smart jokes at his hand picked steering group meetings with happy clappers he will just do as he likes. I truly feel we haven't seen the ruthless side of this fella yet

Stop whinging and do something about it, force him out and let's go back to the golden era of ten years ago, 

36 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

Jesus after watching Wednesday all over for 55 years , I wish I could give it up and retire gracefully. Sadly I am an Owl till death do us part, that's just the way it is.lol

You must have witnessed the 1974-75 season just like me.

They don't know they're born some of this lot. lol

Plus if you bring a supporter for nearly 30 years...then now why of all times would you call it a day? 

Ok so the prices are a bit pants and he changed the strip...but under his stewardship we've gone from relegation candidates to promotion contenders. 

Bit better than Dave Allen and the old man brigade. 

5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Plus if you bring a supporter for nearly 30 years...then now why of all times would you call it a day? 

Because he can't afford it any more?  Yeah, he'd probably break the bank for the Prem, but I'm guessing he'd have to sacrifice other things to do so.

Same reason I've gone a lot less since Chansiri took over, it's too expensive to justify it.

1 minute ago, Cpt_Hatstand said:

Because he can't afford it any more?  Yeah, he'd probably break the bank for the Prem, but I'm guessing he'd have to sacrifice other things to do so.

Same reason I've gone a lot less since Chansiri took over, it's too expensive to justify it.

There's a difference between not being able to attend due to price and just giving up supporting the club entirely (which is what he's basically said in his OP). 

Do we still have the "flounce-o-meter"?

I'd score the OP a 4. lol

We have just had our two best seasons in what? 17 years? I know money has been spent, some say wasted - but a lot of other big clubs in this league have done the same in the search for success.

Think Brighton - and be patient, FFS!

How any long term supporter of this club can walk away after a play-off semi defeat is beyond me. Not being able to afford games is one thing but saying they are no longer a fan?

Give over.

Just now, SiJ said:

There's a difference between not being able to attend due to price and just giving up supporting the club entirely (which is what he's basically said in his OP). 

Oooooooorrrrr, he's making an emotional reactionary statement which he probably won't follow up on when he's calmed down?  Cut him a bit of slack?

I totally get the not being able to afford games but mines mainly because of the travel requirements.

That's why I pick and choose

Part of my pick an choose was I'll pay for Diamond Hospitality at Wembley
So er....Thanks for saving me money Wednesday - I guess

3 minutes ago, Cpt_Hatstand said:

Oooooooorrrrr, he's making an emotional reactionary statement which he probably won't follow up on when he's calmed down?  Cut him a bit of slack?

And perhaps some of the reactions he's getting are based upon raw emotion at the moment. 

Think we are all a bit emotionally drained/sensitive after what happened last night. 

Lot of unnecessary vitriol  in here against an OP who's been pretty open about his opinions. 

So what if he would still go if we were promoted. People but different values against different outcomes. £600 for 19 Premiership games is better than £600 for 23 Championship games IMO. 

The truefan bull**** just annoys the he'll out if me. 

WAWAW until someone mildly disagrees. 

Not quite as catchy is it.