So Long, and Thanks for All the Tunafish

2 minutes ago, Claudio Tankisco said:

Gutted we lost.  

Relegations from Premier League and Championship hurt me more.

We carry on next season and every season after that.

This is what I said to Mrs this morning. 

I felt far worse when we lost to Palace and got relegated to pub league. 

Championship is not a bad league to be in, its just a Premier league 2 really with some far bigger clubs than some of those in premier. 

Playing Villa, Sunderland, Leeds and Sheff Utd wets appetite far more than playing Watford, Burnley and Bournemouth. 

I'm looking forward to next season already, lots of Yorkshire derbys, more than this season if Bradford go up and Huddersfield don't. 

I'm sorry to hear the OP feels like this is his only course of action... I don't go half as much as I used to for a variety of reasons, but simply couldn't imagine giving up in the club altogether... Each to their own I suppose...

I also think your timing is terrible if you wanted any reasonable replies to your predicament

UTO

6 minutes ago, parkerowl said:

Nah I won't, just my opinion, typical 2017 internet personality.

you seem the kind of guy Curtis Woodhouse drives about looking for lol 

If it helps, can vouch for the fact SiJ is a bell in real life too. 

6 minutes ago, parkerowl said:

Nah I won't, just my opinion, typical 2017 internet personality.

you seem the kind of guy Curtis Woodhouse drives about looking for lol 

He's one of them who gives it big un on Internet yer any sort of confrontation in person and he'll shy away. His avatar is a cartoon character ffs

Guess it comes down to opinions and you make your own choices based on your circumstances.

Personally think season tickets are good value for what is out there on the pitch - Westwood, Lees, Lee, Forestieri, Bannan, Hutchinson, Rhodes, and Fletcher for starters are the quality of player I thought I'd not see for a long time at Hillsborough (playing for and owned by Wednesday anyway!) only a few years ago. Are they worth around £25 a game? I'd say yes.

As for match day tickets, I think they are a complete rip-off. But I also sense that is planned to get people tied to season tickets. No thought for fans who can't make justify a season ticket, but perhaps the people at the club came up with the best pricing plan they could - you can't please everyone after all.

It's a shame any fan feels they are priced out of following their football team.

Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

He's one of them who gives it big un on Internet yer any sort of confrontation in person and he'll shy away. His avatar is a cartoon character ffs

lol 

I'd run circles around you in real life like I do on here. 

We've had many an argument and last time you were failing so miserably you bragged about going to University. 

By all means carry on the personal attacks. I've got thick enough skin to take it. 

If you can no longer afford to go, no problem you're doing the right thing. However, you're saying your completely wiping your hands or everything Wednesday, sounds like a massive flounce tbf. As posted above, I can almost guarantee if we got promotion you'd be there regardless of price. 

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

lol 

I'd run circles around you in real life like I do on here. 

We've had many an argument and last time you were failing so miserably you bragged about going to University. 

By all means carry on the personal attacks. I've got thick enough skin to take it. 

lol 

You'd have to call on your friends to get anywhere with me in real life, maybe a lawyer like Lionel Hutz could help. Granted I'm not as fit as I was once mind, all the student nights have killed me

I get someone being out priced and deciding to not attend games any more because of financial considerations. 

The potd tickets prices are a joke and I've said that ever since they were announced two years back. 

To just give up supporting the club though   (And make a bit of a song and dance about it) - after we've lost a play off semi final - just screams of someone flouncing. 

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

I get someone being out priced and deciding to not attend games any more because of financial considerations. 

The potd tickets prices are a joke and I've said that ever since they were announced two years back. 

To just give up supporting the club though   (And make a bit of a song and dance about it) - after we've lost a play off semi final - just screams of someone flouncing. 

And you'd know flouncing... @SallyCinnamon

52 minutes ago, UTO1867 said:

So that’s that then, the season is over and my Sheffield Wednesday odyssey of 29 years has come to an end. I simply can’t justify the cost of 2 season tickets anymore as year 7 of austerity bites watching live football has changed from being a way of life in to an expensive luxury that we can no longer justify. I certainly can’t get my head around the crazy pricing on the day and a membership price is excessive for what it is. The uncertainty of the Wednesdayite car park also plays a part and although I understand the majority of the posters on here live in Sheffield and can’t see the problem with it vanishing I can assure you when you’re traveling a distances the uncertainty of a parking spot becomes a problem.

For me and the missus Mr Chansiri becoming chairman has been a double edged sword, yes he is striving for the success we all crave as fans but at what cost? I’m not sure he understands the local or even the wider economy and appears to think everyone has cash coming out of their ears. Sheffield Wednesday are one of the most expensive teams to watch outside of the Premiership, however I am not stupid enough to think the club is a charity and therefore as a business if you are paying your employees obscene wages you have to recoup the cost one way or another. That said it isn’t effecting the crowds and nothing would make me happier than Wednesday one day going from strength to strength in the Premier League so I’d like to wish Mr Chansiri all the best for his stewardship of the club.

I am not going from an active fan to an armchair one, I would feel like a hypocrite, I’d rather give it up until hopefully one day I can return to actively support the club I love. Me and the missus will really miss our blue plastic seats but we hope the new residents of them have an absolute blast as the club continues to move forwards. We will miss being in Hillsborough and being a part of something so special.

Anyway Owl Stalkers thanks for all the highs, lows, laughs, frustrations, positive and negative reactions, see you around and good wishes to each and every one of you for the future.

Bye Bye