So Long, and Thanks for All the Tunafish

So that’s that then, the season is over and my Sheffield Wednesday odyssey of 29 years has come to an end. I simply can’t justify the cost of 2 season tickets anymore as year 7 of austerity bites watching live football has changed from being a way of life in to an expensive luxury that we can no longer justify. I certainly can’t get my head around the crazy pricing on the day and a membership price is excessive for what it is. The uncertainty of the Wednesdayite car park also plays a part and although I understand the majority of the posters on here live in Sheffield and can’t see the problem with it vanishing I can assure you when you’re traveling a distances the uncertainty of a parking spot becomes a problem.

For me and the missus Mr Chansiri becoming chairman has been a double edged sword, yes he is striving for the success we all crave as fans but at what cost? I’m not sure he understands the local or even the wider economy and appears to think everyone has cash coming out of their ears. Sheffield Wednesday are one of the most expensive teams to watch outside of the Premiership, however I am not stupid enough to think the club is a charity and therefore as a business if you are paying your employees obscene wages you have to recoup the cost one way or another. That said it isn’t effecting the crowds and nothing would make me happier than Wednesday one day going from strength to strength in the Premier League so I’d like to wish Mr Chansiri all the best for his stewardship of the club.

I am not going from an active fan to an armchair one, I would feel like a hypocrite, I’d rather give it up until hopefully one day I can return to actively support the club I love. Me and the missus will really miss our blue plastic seats but we hope the new residents of them have an absolute blast as the club continues to move forwards. We will miss being in Hillsborough and being a part of something so special.

Anyway Owl Stalkers thanks for all the highs, lows, laughs, frustrations, positive and negative reactions, see you around and good wishes to each and every one of you for the future.

this chairman doesn't care about the economics of the working people of this part of the country.

Unfortunately that wont change, and whilst he's making smart jokes at his hand picked steering group meetings with happy clappers he will just do as he likes. I truly feel we haven't seen the ruthless side of this fella yet

class comments here folks, somebody of 29 years a fan been priced out and you react with comments like that. Sometimes its the little things that just push you over the edge. Yeah the parking sounds drastic but if its the price for him and his mrs then the extra expense of getting here then you do whats right for your family not swfc. SWFC will never do anything to support you as people

So because you won't be in the ground you will no longer support/follow the club.

Even if I am not at the match I'm either listening to the radio or watching the goals come in on SSN. When we lose it ruins my weekend!!!!!!

Supporting Wednesday is not something you can turn on and off, I'm sure you will still follow

Edited by Owlsmac

Guest Deleted member
1 minute ago, ViolaOwls said:

class comments here folks, somebody of 29 years a fan been priced out and you react with comments like that. Sometimes its the little things that just push you over the edge. Yeah the parking sounds drastic but if its the price for him and his mrs then the extra expense of getting here then you do whats right for your family not swfc. SWFC will never do anything to support you as people

Sadly - that seems to be the way these days.

For me - Ive only stopped going once in my life - for just over a year. It hurt - a lot - to spend my Saturday afternoons listening to us on the radio but I couldnt give money to Dave Allen. While I don't agree with some of the things that Mr Chansiri has done, particularly around pricing but I hate the kit change (stripes unlucky? Theyve not hurt newcastle, brighton or Huddersfield this season) - he will always have my overall support whilever he is investing in players that give us a chance of success.

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Dont start the old "say it to my face" testicles. 

Nah I won't, just my opinion, typical 2017 internet personality.

you seem the kind of guy Curtis Woodhouse drives about looking for lol 

Edited by parkerowl