What did the Sky pundits say after the match?

1 hour ago, RedDragonOwl said:

Huddersfield shaded it, wagner had a gameplan and carlos didn't, a team of individuals rather than a cohesive team, unbalanced, no pattern of play, and no strings to our bow.

Seriously, CC didn't have a game plan?  Just told them to turn up and bring their boots?

Just read BBC report.... 

Despite leading Wednesday to a fifth-place finish this campaign, questions have been raised about his position amid speculation linking former Newcastle and Crystal Palace boss Alan Pardew with the club. :duntmatter: 

7 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Just read BBC report.... 

Despite leading Wednesday to a fifth-place finish this campaign, questions have been raised about his position amid speculation linking former Newcastle and Crystal Palace boss Alan Pardew with the club. :duntmatter: 

I suppose we have finished 5th now, being the 2nd team knocked out of the play-offs lol

1 hour ago, Owl At Risk said:

What did he say?

If it was something along the lines of "Forestieri has bags of talent and he is more than capable of tearing Udders a new one...but not if he doesn't stay on his b*stard feet and get on with it"?...if it was then he was indeed spot on.

Previously questioned his work rate, training and attitude. Stating thats why he's not in the premiership. Think they were in the same side together for a season. 

7 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Previously questioned his work rate, training and attitude. Stating thats why he's not in the premiership. Think they were in the same side together for a season. 

Thanks.

Out of those three "questionable" elements my thoughts might be:

Work rate - for the vast majority of games he is right up there as one of the most industrious players in the team. And I'm sure I've seen him play more than Keith Andrews has.

Training - absolutely no idea...and Andrews has much more privilege perspective here obviously.

Attitude - no idea in relation to his time before us (didn't take too much interest in him to be honest), but had no reason to question it until 13th August last year....since then that's a big question that's not really been fully resolved for us isn't it?

4 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

They also said we were pedestrian and predictable.

Exactly. They were aiming to get into the right channel and did it more and more each time. Pudil couldn't cope bar heading the ball away. Reach even less when he moved there. They crowded our playmakers thus forcing our strikers out of the game.

Only time we influenced when bannan tried to run at them.

24 minutes ago, Owl At Risk said:

Thanks.

Out of those three "questionable" elements my thoughts might be:

Work rate - for the vast majority of games he is right up there as one of the most industrious players in the team. And I'm sure I've seen him play more than Keith Andrews has.

Training - absolutely no idea...and Andrews has much more privilege perspective here obviously.

Attitude - no idea in relation to his time before us (didn't take too much interest in him to be honest), but had no reason to question it until 13th August last year....since then that's a big question that's not really been fully resolved for us isn't it?

Precisely. Work rate on the pitch ive never doubted. 

Training and attitude i guess he has a good handle on that having been in the same dressing room as him and Augusts debacle does back that up. 

But he's older, hopefully learned from that experience, now has a child so you hope he grows up. 

Whatever happens, we have a top squad when all fit to go into next season with.

1 hour ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Precisely. Work rate on the pitch ive never doubted. 

Training and attitude i guess he has a good handle on that having been in the same dressing room as him and Augusts debacle does back that up. 

But he's older, hopefully learned from that experience, now has a child so you hope he grows up. 

Whatever happens, we have a top squad when all fit to go into next season with.

Ah, if only it worked like that....I'm 45, a huge slag and have two children and I'm still a f*cking tool.

Oh, guess you didn't mean that type of experience...

Edited by Owl At Risk

On 18/05/2017 at 09:43, Ronnie Starling said:

Talking to the Huddersfield fan and United fans at work Hinchliffe said that on paper Wednesday have a far superior squad of players than Huddersfield however in reality Huddersfield have a team of players that know how to play together while we have a team of individuals that dont. I think that is a fair assessment.

sums up this year - a team of individuals that have failed as a collective ...

last season we had a team .. that changed at the beginning of the season bringing in fletcher on 30k a week and then offering out loads of big money contracts to players

Keith Andrews, earlier in the season, had summed it up perfectly for me.

He was saying how he had seen us a few times, that we'd sometimes got the job done but how he really expected more quality from the team and thr players we have. He alluded to how he thinks Wednesday fans should expect more too.

And I think that's about right.

Last year we were greater than the sum of our parts,  this year is the inverse.

I believe this squad is capable of top two if used correctly. 

Sadly I don't think it's been used correctly 

We've bought a porsche but given it granny to drive on Sundays to church. 

Edited by darklord

On 2017-5-18 at 09:40, JoshTheOwl said:

Sounds about right and a very good summary. 

Who were the pundits?

Some good and true assessments of our season and semi performances, hope DC takes note and tells CC to up his game

I believe we finished 4th, I'm absolutely gutted and still am that we didn't get what we all wanted. But at the end of the day we are two seasons into a massive rebuilding of a very mediocre side, ( and doing it the right way by the way ) so in my opinion we are progressing with a few more quality signings this summer I'm sure Wednesday will be challenging for the top two places.     UTO