What does it mean psychologically?

For me we now have the situation that Play Offs should be. A straight shoot out between 3rd v 6th (with Reading at home) and 4th v 5th (with Wednesday at home).

Play offs should be one game not 2 legs with higher league finisher getting home advantage. Much more exciting.

15 minutes ago, GMOwl72 said:

For me we now have the situation that Play Offs should be. A straight shoot out between 3rd v 6th (with Reading at home) and 4th v 5th (with Wednesday at home).

Play offs should be one game not 2 legs with higher league finisher getting home advantage. Much more exciting.

Fair point. What I don't like about the play offs is in it's current format teams lose around a month of the close season.

4 hours ago, Spacehooch said:

Hudderfield threw everything at us, and we let them, we invited it. We said "your at home, show us what you've got".

Wager's plan to his players was to attack, press, and score 1 or 2.

But they didn't score, they couldn't. The players can see their managers plan didn't work, their confidence lessens.

Carlos said "we will sita backa, leta them try to score. Maybe we cana geta one ona the break".

Then he said " wea willa win ata homa, ina front of tha massive!"

Carlos's plan did work, the players grow in confidence.

So what it means is 2-0 to us on Wednesday.

Means to them that we are limited in attacking options and have nothing to fear, we have gained no ground and could go either way

6 minutes ago, debram said:

Means to them that we are limited in attacking options and have nothing to fear, we have gained no ground and could go either way

Slight exaggeration mate. 

Huddersfield know we are capable of playing far better than that. 

1 minute ago, owls maniac said:

Plus now have home advantage. Who would be confident coming to a packed Hillsborough on a Wednesday night? 

No gimmes, but the atmosphere is going to be electric and intimidating on Wednesday night. 

27 minutes ago, debram said:

Funny then how the bookies have almost halved our odds to go up on the back of a nil nil at Huddersfield.

We will play higher up and press in numbers at home.

It takes much more energy and effort to do that than it does to sit back and watch them pass it about. This is what Carlos meant when he said we were efficient today, whereas they were playing at high tempo.

It's what Fulham did against them twice, and we all know how they coped with aggressive opposition getting in the faces of their defenders.

The thing I'm concerned about is what we might do if we take the lead. I'd like to really keep going for more goals. I don't want to see us shift back to 2nd gear and sit back.

It's hard to put the foot back on the gas after you've taken it off and been deflated.

For perspective, imagine how confident you would've been going to the amex last year with it 0-0 rather than 2 up?