Play Hirst on Sunday

1 hour ago, LSOwls said:

I'd like to see a few of the young lads get a game.

Would love to see Hiirst & Nuhiu up top!

Me too mate. Perfect opportunity to give some of the Academy lads a game in a dead rubber .   

1 hour ago, Owl999 said:

I'd love to know how many people who keep banging on about playing Geaorge Hirst have actually seen him play ???  Absolutely nowhere near being ready for Championship football .

He needs to be about 1st heavier as I saw him away at Reading and McShane bullied him and brushed him aside.

2 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

People keep saying "well that player is in the side at 16 so why cant hirst"

Fact is, he's not yet better than the 5 strikers we have. Which is why he wont be in the side

Surely its much more valuable to give Winnall, Nuhiu or even Rhodes a run out baring in mind were going with Hooper and Fletch and need people waiting in the wings raring to go. 

this

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

I'd bring him off the bench. Could help to persuade him to stay here. 

But why would we persuade a player that's not good enough for us at the moment...who only might be good enough in future...to stay with us? I understand his last names Hirst, but if it wasn't ? I don't think there would be a fuss.

1 hour ago, Stainless1983 said:

Not happening...

IMG_6250.PNG

I'll say it again... it's. It happening people. 

George has already confirmed it himself. The club are clearly taking the U23 play off seriously. It is a shame because the Fulham game would be great for a few younger ones to get some experience but the timing just doesn't work with the u23 game being the next day.

2 hours ago, stocksyuto said:

No he wont play but he should , That ryan sessegnon lad is 16 played around 25 games scoring 5 for fulham and hirst is supposed to be better so we ahould really be teying him out here and there

Yeah he's been measured up today making sure he'll fit in Hutches pocket lol

8 minutes ago, Stainless1983 said:

I'll say it again... it's. It happening people. 

George has already confirmed it himself. The club are clearly taking the U23 play off seriously. It is a shame because the Fulham game would be great for a few younger ones to get some experience but the timing just doesn't work with the u23 game being the next day.

To be honest, I think that U23 game will benefit him more- bit of pressure on the result, and something to play for. 

22 minutes ago, parkerowl said:

But why would we persuade a player that's not good enough for us at the moment...who only might be good enough in future...to stay with us? I understand his last names Hirst, but if it wasn't ? I don't think there would be a fuss.

Because a number of bigger fish are circling and the one reason for staying would be an inkling of first team football.

3 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Where do we draw the line? If we rest the bulk of the starting eleven, we could still have a forward line of Winnall, Rhodes and Forestieri. As long as we didn't risk any sort of sanction, I could go with that, but to be playing our third choice options, I think would be taking the wee wee.

Never be a better time and since the result won't effect a promotion or relagation battle, there is no way they could justify repercussions its not like its against forest or Birmingham? 

3 hours ago, Owl999 said:

I'd love to know how many people who keep banging on about playing Geaorge Hirst have actually seen him play ???  Absolutely nowhere near being ready for Championship football .

Saw him play v Reading. I thought he looked very lively when he came on. And we got the goal back when he was on the pitch. Looked ready to me.