Play Hirst on Sunday

4 hours ago, meggoisgod said:

not for me....the squad is big enough to still put out a strong team with senior players, lets keep the winning run going....4 more and we are home and dry

This

Sunday is far from a dead rubber. It's all about setting the stage for the play-off games.

Current first team squad members who haven't had starts recently should get priority so that the entire squad is sharp, match fit and hungry for it.

Last year we weren't ready for the final and failed to turn up.

No slip ups this time, there's far too much at stake. 

For me I don't think Hirst should play. I agree that Carlos should use the squad and rest players ready for the playoffs (such as Hooper), but instead of Hirst I'd give Winnall and Rhodes starts. They are genuine options for the playoff team and both haven't had that much game time lately (especially Winnall) with the form of Hooper and Fletcher. This would be a perfect opportunity to give them a proper run out, and the opportunity to force their way into the team.

Personally I'd look at who they've brought in their 22 when they get off the bus before deciding who to put in the Wednesday team - That's the advantage of being at home. Either way, I'd still be looking for 3 points but try to not overstretch ourselves

6 hours ago, daztheowl said:

It ain't happening. We're playing a potential play off opponent. Both Wednesday and Fulham will be playing full strength teams to suss out the opposition.

I'd be very very surprised if Fulham play a full strength side. Why would they given the fact finishing 6th is stitched on and impossible to improve upon. No idea about what CC will do but if he's as daft as some on here he will play a full strength team. Strewth....

12 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Because a number of bigger fish are circling and the one reason for staying would be an inkling of first team football.

He's under contract, he's got to improve and wait his turn like the rest of his age group. i'm sure he's not the only one of our academy being looked at.

Edited by parkerowl

10 minutes ago, parkerowl said:

He's under contract, he's got to improve and wait his turn like the rest of his age group. i'm sure he's not the only one of our academy being looked at.

He has improved as his increased scoring record at u23s has shown. He deserves a shot and needs to know that there is a pathway into the team.How many others are scoring for their country in his age group?

His contract isn't even that long, it runs til next summer which doesn't give Swfc a strong position.

4 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

He has improved as his increased scoring record at u23s has shown. He deserves a shot and needs to know that there is a pathway into the team.How many others are scoring for their country in his age group?

His contract isn't even that long, it runs til next summer which doesn't give Swfc a strong position.

Don't agree sorry.

16 hours ago, stocksyuto said:

No he wont play but he should , That ryan sessegnon lad is 16 played around 25 games scoring 5 for fulham and hirst is supposed to be better so we ahould really be teying him out here and there

who says he's better than sessegnon ?.....

12 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

He'd be on the bench for me. 15 minute run out at the end if possible. 

I will be shocked if he isnt at least in the 18 man squad. Id love to him start 

1 minute ago, parkerowl said:

My guess is that he isnt, otherwise he'd have been playing regular already.

.one gets into the championship team of the year and the other plays development football so I think that's a pretty good guess mate