Play Hirst on Sunday

9 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

I will be shocked if he isnt at least in the 18 man squad. Id love to him start 

He is a talent but if his name wasn't Hirst there wouldn't be anyhere near this discussion.  Nobody mentions the likes of Fraser Preston and Jordan Lonchar who would have equally as much a claim to be included on Sunday. A lot of people on here will not have seen Hirst apart from his first team cameos.

1 minute ago, Etchesketch said:

He is a talent but if his name wasn't Hirst there wouldn't be anyhere near this discussion.  Nobody mentions the likes of Fraser Preston and Jordan Lonchar who would have equally as much a claim to be included on Sunday. A lot of people on here will not have seen Hirst apart from his first team cameos.

I saw him at Chezzy in a friendly pre season, looked about 7 stone wet through. reckon a loan would do him good.

16 minutes ago, Owl999 said:

Rather see Stobbs get a run out than Hirst, Captained sides this season has been class after some terrible injuries that have blighted his progression .

I don;t know what they will do with Stobbs.  His contract is up and he is no nearer the first team now than he was last year or when he came on or three years ago when he first made an appearance.  Fact he only got a one year contract last year after he had played in the first team gives me doubts as to whether he will get another this summer.  Hope I am wrong.

5 minutes ago, Etchesketch said:

Exactly this. Most only know his surname and that hes scored a few for the under 18s and nothing else. Fraser Preston for me is the better talent and despite being younger, more physically equipped for first team football. 

The fact the under 23s have a big game monday night against Millwall mean that none of them should play any part though 

4 minutes ago, torryowl said:

if we are going to give a game to any of the youngsters i'd be looking at fraser preston ....lads a good player and looks to have  the physique to cope with the step up .

I was thinking the same. tocky physique and had a cracking season but never gets a mention on here because his names is not Hirst.  Whilst he is at Wednesday George is always going to be talked up through being a Hirst although he is a decent prospect.  Is he any more than that like the other decent young players here? Hirst needs to grow into his body.  He is 6 foot three or four but needs an extra couple of stone.

22 minutes ago, Etchesketch said:

I agree in part, but F P and JL have been great too and maybe deserve a chance along with a couple of others. Hirst though has been shining not only for our under 18s and 23s add to that England's most potent goalscorer at under 18slevel, he does deserve a chance on merit. 

11 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Exactly this. Most only know his surname and that hes scored a few for the under 18s and nothing else. Fraser Preston for me is the better talent and despite being younger, more physically equipped for first team football. 

The fact the under 23s have a big game monday night against Millwall mean that none of them should play any part though 

Hirst is only about a month older but he seems to have been around a long time because he was playing regular for the U18 when 15 and still at school.  Preston was only a fringe player last season for the U18 but come on big time this year.  How many topics on her has Hirst had this season.  Can't remember any for Preston.

Just now, shezzas left peg said:

I agree in part, but F P and JL have been great too and maybe deserve a chance along with a couple of others. Hirst though has been shining not only for our under 18s and 23s add to that England's most potent goalscorer at under 18slevel, he does deserve a chance on merit. 

I agree with you and he is talented in his own right but whilst he is at Wednesday he is always going to be built up by fans because of his name.  Hope he is strong and can take the extra attention he is always bound to get.

2 minutes ago, Etchesketch said:

I agree with you and he is talented in his own right but whilst he is at Wednesday he is always going to be built up by fans because of his name.  Hope he is strong and can take the extra attention he is always bound to get.

Thats the pressure and at some point he will either have to deal with the pressure or crumble, that's why I'd like to see a bench of kids and a full strength 11out there's no pressure and if we're in a position to do so we can give 3 of them a good half an hour or so at this level becouse if we do get promotion it'll be even harder while fighting for our lives in the premier to give kids some first team experience. It's OK sending them out on loan to Mansfield to play games being watched by a couple of thousand fans, but Hillsborough packed and Rocking is one huge test of nerves. 

28 minutes ago, Etchesketch said:

I was thinking the same. tocky physique and had a cracking season but never gets a mention on here because his names is not Hirst.  Whilst he is at Wednesday George is always going to be talked up through being a Hirst although he is a decent prospect.  Is he any more than that like the other decent young players here? Hirst needs to grow into his body.  He is 6 foot three or four but needs an extra couple of stone.

Stocky is one word!! lol

IMG_3169.thumb.PNG.7563c8874b97dee4b2245b22f5c44506.PNG

Just now, Etchesketch said:

Dinamo Bucharest in Romania.  Came up against Sergiu Bus in one game.

Haha bet that was fun. Maybe doing the lad good being over there. I've a mate from transylvania and me ex missus is from Hungary and it's totally different way of life over there. Bucharest is quite affluent now but get out elsewhere and it's worlds apart still. 

1 minute ago, shezzas left peg said:

Haha bet that was fun. Maybe doing the lad good being over there. I've a mate from transylvania and me ex missus is from Hungary and it's totally different way of life over there. Bucharest is quite affluent now but get out elsewhere and it's worlds apart still. 

Bus plays for Astra Giurgiu.  Never heard of them but they are Romanian Champions.  As a kid I only knew Steau and Dinamo Bucharest.

I would like to see Rhodes and Winnall start upfront. Thought Winnall looked decent when he played, then all of a sudden he wasn't even on the bench. Good player that has proven he can score goals in this league. Would love us to bring Hirst on for the last 15 mins or so though.