Play Hirst on Sunday

Guest RocketOwl

Like many have said this is a game for Rhodes and Winnall.

We need them sharp, who knows what might happen before playoffs, if we get injuries we need JR ready.

18 hours ago, BenOwl1867 said:

If his name was not Hirst would people be asking the same?

George is an England youth player scoring regularly for the youth team. I think people would still mention him for that reason alone. The fact that he is a legends son sparked interest from day one of his playing career, however i think he would now be introduced to the first team on merit rather than heritage.

1 hour ago, Etchesketch said:

He is a talent but if his name wasn't Hirst there wouldn't be anyhere near this discussion.  Nobody mentions the likes of Fraser Preston and Jordan Lonchar who would have equally as much a claim to be included on Sunday. A lot of people on here will not have seen Hirst apart from his first team cameos.

They may have a claim as you say and I have seen Preston a couple of time and I like what I see, but apart from his name he has scored goals. He is a England youth international. I think that gives him a very big claim without his name. 

2 hours ago, Owl999 said:

Rather see Stobbs get a run out than Hirst, Captained sides this season has been class after some terrible injuries that have blighted his progression .

To be fair I would like to see him given a run. This he has merited it 

28 minutes ago, Tudders said:

George is an England youth player scoring regularly for the youth team. I think people would still mention him for that reason alone. The fact that he is a legends son sparked interest from day one of his playing career, however i think he would now be introduced to the first team on merit rather than heritage.

Personally I only seen parts of his game in an England shirt. I have not seen him turn out for the youth of Wednesday never get to go to those matches with them being in working hours.  But let me ask does he deserve to be ahead of Winnall, Nuhiu, Rhodes, Fletcher, Hooper, Fessi? On paper that is properly one of if not the strongest strikeforce in the division. I know the game will see changes on Sunday personally I would prefer him to concentrate on the play off in the U23 division and see Winnall and Rhodes start let Fletcher and Hooper rest? 

1 minute ago, BenOwl1867 said:

Personally I only seen parts of his game in an England shirt. I have not seen him turn out for the youth of Wednesday never get to go to those matches with them being in working hours.  But let me ask does he deserve to be ahead of Winnall, Nuhiu, Rhodes, Fletcher, Hooper, Fessi? On paper that is properly one of if not the strongest strikeforce in the division. I know the game will see changes on Sunday personally I would prefer him to concentrate on the play off in the U23 division and see Winnall and Rhodes start let Fletcher and Hooper rest? 

Got Joao back as well now

12 minutes ago, BenOwl1867 said:

Winnall and Rhodes start. One other on the bench with Hirst. Others rested for the big game 

On the down side, we are not exactly short of bodies in young George's preferred position, however putting him on the bench for the Fulham game would hardly be a game, if he wasn't required for international duty.

Edited by optimisticowl

57 minutes ago, BenOwl1867 said:

I don't think he deserves it more than the aforementioned players,however it would be a good yardstick to measure his progress in a game with little riding on it. Even just giving him half an hour would be good experience for him.

54 minutes ago, optimisticowl said:

On the down side, we are not exactly short of bodies in young George's preferred position, however putting him on the bench for the Fulham game would hardly be a game, if he wasn't required for international duty.

There's no Internationals.  Its the U23s plays off match the day after though and after the hard work this season it would be a shame if he missed that that as its a big game.

5 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

It's basically an experimental game, so why not?

In terms of why should George not play? PDL U23 playoffs v Millwall the following day, which i'm certain he'll want to and should play in.

Edited by JanikowskiSWFC

23 hours ago, aeroswfc said:

No don't play George Hirst. 

Agreed

By all means rest Hooper/Fletcher - but then we have Winnall, Rhodes, Nuhiu and FF that need game time before Hirst.

These are the ones that will be involved in our promotion push 

Pointless given a Hirst a game for the sake of it